Time to trade in 2013 Evoque :-(

This is a discussion on Time to trade in 2013 Evoque :-( within the Evoque Purchasing forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; My 2013 Evoque Pure Premium has just had it's two year maintenance done and I need new tires, and new brake pads and rods. Approximately ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ddsski

Thread: Time to trade in 2013 Evoque :-(

Member #

My 2013 Evoque Pure Premium has just had it's two year maintenance done and I need new tires, and new brake pads and rods. Approximately $3k with taxes. It has also been in the shop 6 times during the 2 years I have had it - replacement water pump, multiple sensors going off for no reason, problem with electrics (both headlamps going out at same time), and replacement gear shifter that required me to be towed three times. I really feel that the car I was sold is a lemon. But, I still LOVE the Evoque. I am thinking about trading it in for a 2016 but the dealer will only give me $29K trade-in value as it also has a small ding in the windshield. This means that in the 24 months we have owned this car, it has depreciated by more than $1000/month. I am so reluctant to put more money into my 'lemon' but it is only 2 years old and so I was not expecting to be upgrading it so soon.

Has anyone traded an Evoque for a similar vehicle at their local LR dealer? Surely, they have to give me a good deal on a new car if I am trading a lemon that they sold me??!!

Off to pick up my car from the shop. Again....

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    You might take it to Carmax to see how much they will give you.
    You shouldn't have to stop just because the pavement does! 2012 Range Rover Evoque Pure Plus Coupe, 2009 Land Rover LR2 HSE traded, 2008 Land Rover LR2 SE traded.

Member #
    I was thinking that too. Specially if I get the windshield repaired and put on new tires.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Does it have low miles on it? Maybe try to sell it yourself to have enough to pay off your loan if u have one. You will get most money by trying to sell it yourself.

Member #
    It seems a bit low, but not outrageous. Last month I was looking to trade in my 2013 Prestige for an Audi A7. Audi dealer offered me 36.5k.

Member #
    You are selling the vehicle at the worst time of its life. 2 years is major depreciation hit time. Service it and keep for another year. You need to do that anyway for good resale.
    BTW was it ~45-47K new? They are taking the 3K off your trade in.
    morey000 likes this.

Member #
    What doesn't many any sense is that he is selling it to buy another Range Rover. I also have a 2013, I have put in 52k miles and a couple weeks ago I said I am done with it and Range Rover as a whole. Missed opportunity for them, I would have purchased a Sport after, now I am looking at Teslas.

Member #
    Jaguar F Pace deserves a look. New Volvos very nice and like them or not, my 2 X5's just do EVERYTHING WELL! Same will be said for any BMW SUV. RR has to get there heads out of their a$$es.

Ads