2015 or 2016

2015 or 2016

This is a discussion on 2015 or 2016 within the Evoque Purchasing forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; What are you're thoughts on which model I should buy. I hear about transmission problems on some models. the prices on both models are only ...

Thread: 2015 or 2016

Member #

2015 or 2016

What are you're thoughts on which model I should buy. I hear about transmission problems on some models.
    the prices on both models are only a few thousand $ different

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    All I've heard from 1 forum member is the 2016 transmission is much better sorted. We 14-15 owners are getting the shaft.

Member #
    As I said in my other post about buying a 2016 after the test drive all I can say is the transmission is perfect

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    in the next couple days, I need to decide to keep my 2015 or buy the one 2016 dealer certified (comes with extra warranty) that meets my color and option needs. the '16 has lower mileage and would cost about $3500 MORE than keeping my otherwise immaculate '15. the '16 I'm looking at doesn't have the pano roof, but otherwise is outfitted with same options (climate, driver assist), and whatever else is new on the '16 SE premiums, like the gesture tailgate. Other than the styling differences- are there other internal 'improvements' or changes that I should be aware about?

Member #
    I have a 2016 and have transmission problems. It has been at the dealership since 4/11/17 and they can't get to the root of it. Hoping mine is a one-off but because I have a long commute I have over 26,000 miles on mine, so probably higher mileage than most. It could be an early indication, but really hoping that's not the case as I do love the vehicle. Just not sure you will escape transmission issues by going to 2016 model. FYI - gesture tailgate is a known issue with 2016 model -- water spray when on wet roads kicks up and hits sensor, making the vehicle honk. You get some stares. Dealer removed the fuse on mine as there is not yet a fix, so it is inoperable.

Member #
    well, the transmission is the same ZF as the 15's, so I'm not sure that's a real difference. (i.e. my '15 may come down with the same problems soon) Nice thing about buying a pre-owned certified vehicle, is that it comes with a 6-year, 100,000 mile warranty, so while annoying- it shouldn't cost me anything. That's one of the main reasons why I'm looking at the certified pre-owned.

thanks for the warning about the gesture tailgate. now I'll know what's going on when it happens. uh- if the fuse is removed... that means that you no longer have an auto tailgate? or is it just the gesture control that's affected. Doesn't rain much where I live. Desert.

Member #
    The fuse only affects the gesture feature of the tailgate; the power lift gate feature is fine. If you decide not to pull the fuse, at least you will know why it honks at the car wash!

Member #
    Well, I bought the 2016 (certified, pre-owned, 5Kmi). my thoughts after 1 day.

1. Seats are noticeably more supportive. leather feels softer as well. big plus.
    2. Transmission shifting is worlds better. Totally changes the feeling of the vehicle... for the better. Got rid of the biggest complaint that I had with my '15 Evoque. Huge!
    3. Ride is quieter/softer/smoother. Handling is less precise. this might be due to my '15 Pure Plus being equipped with 19" wheels, whereas my '16 SE premium has 18" wheels.
    4. Love the look of Kaikoura Stone. Gorgeous color. Prior one was Indus Silver, which was nice as well, but the Kaikoura is sharp. digging it. trim pieces and front grill are all black. Nice combo. This color would look great with a black roof (which I don't have) and black wheels (also don't have)
    5. updated dash display has pros/cons. a little more annoying to scroll through setup menus, however you can now see almost all of your trip computer outputs at once.
    6. Perhaps I don't have the gesture movement down well, but it seems to take me a few tries to get it to open. it's kinda' annoying. So, if it gives me problems, I won't miss it.

I would have thought that the SE Premium was optioned at the same level as the previous years' Pure Plus- but it isn't. For instance, the '16 SE Premium doesn't come standard with the Pano roof, and then some lesser details. Like, the brushed stainless steel hatch trim pieces and the brushed metal door sill pieces. (I just ordered them all off ebay, not expensive). Comes standard with Nav tho'. Which- isn't exactly the best system. I do like that when you come to a turn, it displays it over on the center dash display.

Played with the InControl apps a bit. don't imagine I'll use that feature. I try to avoid playing with touch screens, whether it be on my phone or on the dash, while driving.
    Although- the JustDrive app seems to be the only way to use voice to text to enter navigation destinations. touch screen keyboard is painfully slow and difficult for entry.

Ads