need wheel selection advice on 2017

need wheel selection advice on 2017

This is a discussion on need wheel selection advice on 2017 within the Evoque Purchasing forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; Hello, Getting ready to purchase my first Evoque. I have decided on the SE Premium. I love the look of the 20" wheels but am ...

Member #

Unhappy need wheel selection advice on 2017

Hello,
    Getting ready to purchase my first Evoque. I have decided on the SE Premium. I love the look of the 20" wheels but am hearing somethings that are scaring me. I was told that the factory wheels 18" and 19" are allseason but the factory 20" are only 3 season. My thought was to purchase Evoque with standard 18" wheels but buy 20" all season tires and wheels and sell the 18". If I buy all season 20" tires are they going to handle well in winter(I live in the upper midwest. Lot of snow)? I really don't want to be swapping out tires every season because I will mostly be driving it in the winter. am I better off getting the 19" factory tires? I hate to settle for less than what I wanted but am getting frustrated figuring this out. I don't want 20" tires if the traction, handling and ride are extremely compromised with 20". Why wouldn't Landrover offer all season 20" tires?
    I feel that the sales people are telling me whatever is best is what they have in stock(no surprise here). Appreciate your input as i know nothing about this type of thing.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    First, Welcome to the forum!

Even when buying my MY13 Evoque Coupe, the 20" wheels came with "summer tires". IMHO, I think you would be better off with the 19" wheels and all season tires, based on where you live. Can you really tell the difference between 19" and 20" rims when you see a car going down the road?
    I don't think I could tell the difference. Safety has to come before style. Of course, you could order the 20" rims, and remove and replace with all season tires, depends on how deep your pockets are, and how important the 20" wheels are to you.

Ads