Tailgate wiring harness problems

This is a discussion on Tailgate wiring harness problems within the Evoque Purchasing forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; Some years ago I had a problem with the Tailgate on my 2014 Evoque Dynamic lifting on it's own. If you parked the car and ...

Member #

Some years ago I had a problem with the Tailgate on my 2014 Evoque Dynamic lifting on it's own. If you parked the car and did not lock the doors, it would randomly open on it's own. If you had the engine running, until you reached the speed where to doors would lock, the tailgate would also randomly open.

Turned out the problem was a wiring harness was shorting. The harness was: LR065044

Today I found the rubber shield that protects the wiring harness going from the car into the tailgate had pulled out and the metal surround has cut one or maybe more wires.

When I spoke with the dealer, he said it was a completely different part number: LR065108

And so, since my car was out of warranty I would have to pay the $1,000 plus to get a new harness purchased and installed.

I am trying to find out if both of the part numbers above (Both described as "Wiring - Tailgate") run through into the tailgate itself. My reasoning is, if they both go through the same connection route, then the problem I have now is because the rubber shield was not installed correctly causing wires to be severed.

Any help you can offer, or documents you can point me to would be most welcome.

-Booker

2. # ADS
    Ads

Ads