Flat Tire

Flat Tire

This is a discussion on Flat Tire within the Evoque Wheels & Tires forums, part of the Land Rover Evoque Garage category; For what it's worth. Cruising down Interstate 81 near Winchester VA at 75 MPH. Right rear tire went flat. No control problems, pulled to side ...

Thread: Flat Tire

Member #

Flat Tire

For what it's worth. Cruising down Interstate 81 near Winchester VA at 75 MPH. Right rear tire went flat. No control problems, pulled to side of road. Called Land Rover Road side assist. Had a man there in about 15 minutes. Unfortunately, just a gent in a car to change tire, I already had the wheel off. Man put donut on but that was all he could do. Stock wheel and tire fit into the donut hole but since much wider than the donut the floor is elevated about 1-2 inches. The floor has to be folded in half or the trunk will not close. Had a long way yet to go so started searching for a new tire. Road side gent started leading around town, that was a help. However, Walmart, Firestone, and one other place had zero 19 inch tires. Finally Pep Boys saved the day. My car has 235/55-19 Continentals on it. The ONLY 19 he had was a HanKook street tire, $234. was the total bill. The gent at the counter tried to tell me that the slightest degree in size difference, and there is some despite the Hankook being labeled as the same, would cause drive train damage in all wheel drive cars. Only 10K on the car so talked him out of that and installed the one tire. Drove car another 400 plus miles to home. No problems. I've been driving cars for many years. In the past year this is the third tire I've had to replace. Two other cars were due to pot hole and block of wood in road both causing a bulge in the side wall. This incident was unique in that there were two holes in the tire, one in the tread and another 3/4 inch tear in the side wall. Tire was unrepairable, obviously hit something but never saw it. Regardless, the lesson here is that getting 19 inch and larger tires on the road may be a real hassle. Carrying a spare tire (just a tire) on a road trip is great if you leave all your luggage at home. Nearest dealer was about 50 miles away and who knows if he even had a replacement. Keep your heads down!

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    Go to the Tire Rack web site. Pick some tires. Under each tire you choose is a grading for wear, noise, comfort etc.

Member #
    A flat tire is a deflated pneumatic tire, which can cause the rim of the wheel to ride on the tire tread or the ground potentially resulting in loss of control of the vehicle or irreparable damage to the tire. The most common cause of a flat tire is puncturing of the tire by a sharp object, such as a nail, letting air escape. Depending on the size of the puncture, the tire may deflate slowly or rapidly.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    I suspect "Susan" is a bot attempting to get posting points before spamming us.

Member #
    Thats scary.

Ads