Largest diameter tire?

Largest diameter tire?

This is a discussion on Largest diameter tire? within the Evoque Wheels & Tires forums, part of the Land Rover Evoque Garage category; Looking for the largest diamter tire that will fit without cutting anything. I don't mind heating/reforming plastic, but no metal cutting.The largest i've been able ...

Member #

Largest diameter tire?

Looking for the largest diamter tire that will fit without cutting anything. I don't mind heating/reforming plastic, but no metal cutting.The largest i've been able to find on this site was 30.5", can i go bigger?

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    what is your goal? Tire size has a great impact on handling. Are you willing to jeopardize this aspect of the Evoque?
    Currently own:

1986 Vixen 21TD Motorhome- 55k
    1979 Lancia Beta Coupe - 45k "complete restoration in process"

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by dabbler View Post
    what is your goal? Tire size has a great impact on handling. Are you willing to jeopardize this aspect of the Evoque?
    Yes, I am. Looking for better soft sand capability and a little differnt look than most. I'd like to run a smaller wheel size and have more profile.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    I you have not checked my thread in this forum please do so. It's entitled "God, I Hope This works". Regardless, wheel offset and tire width also make a difference. The greatest concern is the front wheel wells when the steering wheel is turned full over. Check the front and rear of the wheel wells for clearence.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywagon View Post
    I you have not checked my thread in this forum please do so. It's entitled "God, I Hope This works". Regardless, wheel offset and tire width also make a difference. The greatest concern is the front wheel wells when the steering wheel is turned full over. Check the front and rear of the wheel wells for clearence.
    I saw your thread and that's where i gathered that 30.5" will fit, just not sure if that's the max on diameter or not.

Member #
    Folks,
    FWIW, it's not the diameter of the wheel or tire. It's the total diameter of both. I believe someone on this site has put 22 inch wheels on their car but of course the sidewall of his tires must be minimal. The rims and tires link in my thread mentioned above is a very good tool. As with most cars the wheel offset and tire width must be considered so the front tires don't rub against the wheel wells in turns. One must also know how the tire sizes are determined.

Member #
    i accumulated that 30.5" will fit, simply not certain if that is the max on measurement or not.

Member #
    Below is a pretty cool comparison chart that might help in choosing a size. Click on sizes and specs!

YK580 Performance Tires | Yokohama Tire Corp.
    Last edited by Rovingvic; 01-31-2014 at 08:21 AM.
    You shouldn't have to stop just because the pavement does! 2012 Range Rover Evoque Pure Plus Coupe, 2009 Land Rover LR2 HSE traded, 2008 Land Rover LR2 SE traded.

Member #
    Take a look at this tire size comparison calculator. You can measure the clearance with your current set then play around with the calculator to increase the size of the potential new tire. Good luck!

235/55-R19 vs 255/55-R19 Tire Comparison - Tire Size Calculator

Ads