tpms sensors for winter and summer tires

This is a discussion on tpms sensors for winter and summer tires within the Evoque Wheels & Tires forums, part of the Land Rover Evoque Garage category; Hi All....have winter and summer tires. Is there anything that needs to be done for the sensors I will be switching to (have factory one's ...

Member #

Hi All....have winter and summer tires. Is there anything that needs to be done for the sensors I will be switching to (have factory one's for winter) I'm being told that once you travel a certain distance the new monitors will sync with the car. Is this true? Wondering also, if after-market sensors are just as effective as OEM"s?? Could someone help and set the record straight.... No doubt everyone hates that pressure monitor light on the dash

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    I have OEM rims I use for winter and separate ones for summer. They calibrate after a short drive automatically. I cannot comment about the aftermarket ones.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
    2012 Fuji White Evoque Prestige- Tan/Ivory/Espresso Interior, Sport Pedals and Sport Style Foot Rest, Mud Flaps, Silver Rails, OEM Ski Rack and Bike Rack , Climate Package, Style 6 wheels with Hankook tires in summer, Style 5 wheels with Blizzak tires for the frozen Minnesota tundra in winter- Set for Adventure in Style!

Member #
    Brilliant..Will purchase OEM sensors. Not inclined to do after-market anyway. Good to know will sync after driving a bit....Thank you!

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    I'm late to the party here but to clarify, the sensors are not location specific (i.e. left front, right rear etc.)? I don't need to train sensors after rotating tires then correct?
    Thanks in advance.
    '12 Evoque Pure Plus (wife's), 12 Chevy Volt (mine), '03 Corvette and '12 Victory Crossroads

Member #
    2012 Fuji White Evoque Prestige- Tan/Ivory/Espresso Interior, Sport Pedals and Sport Style Foot Rest, Mud Flaps, Silver Rails, OEM Ski Rack and Bike Rack , Climate Package, Style 6 wheels with Hankook tires in summer, Style 5 wheels with Blizzak tires for the frozen Minnesota tundra in winter- Set for Adventure in Style!

Member #
    Resurrecting an old post...but has anyone ordered sensors from this place? Range Rover Evoque Tire Pressure Monitors TPMS OEM

Member #
    I have not...any sensors I've needed in the past just went to dealership and bit the bullet ( I have winter and summer tires with sensors in place) My summer rims and tires went after-market. They offered sensors but declined. That site is half the price but, and only speaking for myself, some things I want OEM. I hate when I get annoying sensor light warnings (have in the past) due to equipment being substandard. Not saying they are but in this instance, I take a different stance.

Good luck!! I'm sure you know this but no calibration will be needed. Once installed after driving a short distance sensors will be read

Member #
    no need to purchase OEM sensors. I ordered TPMS when I bought winter tires from the Tire Rack, they work just fine.

Ads