lower profile tires

lower profile tires

This is a discussion on lower profile tires within the Evoque Wheels & Tires forums, part of the Land Rover Evoque Garage category; Does anyone out there into their wheels/shoes know If I go from a 275/45 r20 to a 275/40 r20, will there be a signifig different ...

Member #

lower profile tires

Does anyone out there into their wheels/shoes know If I go from a 275/45 r20 to a 275/40 r20, will there be a signifig different look to the sidewall. Im looking for a more sporty look to my evoque and wanted to lower the profile. love the 275's but my 45 offset, to me, looks a bit to chunky. Wanted to streamline my look of the whole vehicle. I believe the difference comes to about a half inch. I know us guys who love our wheels and tires can understand where I/m coming from.....Thanks for any input, in advance

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    haaa actually saw in a post from lionhead 20" 275 40/20's in fact, looking at the same tire yokohama. btw nice looking wheels too.

Member #
    40% rather than 45% of the width will probably not change much in appearance but you may feel a bit stiffer ride. I think tirerack.com lets you play with different wheels on their site, not sure about tire sizes for the wheels.
    You shouldn't have to stop just because the pavement does! 2012 Range Rover Evoque Pure Plus Coupe, 2009 Land Rover LR2 HSE traded, 2008 Land Rover LR2 SE traded.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Your speedometer will be off, showing you are going faster than the actual speed, and at any given speed you will be turning more rpm's. From a 45 to 40 aspect ratio, not a big difference but noticeable. You will notice a harsher ride and there will be a greater chance of rim damage from potholes and wheel impacts. definitely not for off road.

Member #
    thanks for the replies and suggestions...I get all the reasons stiffer ride, rim damage etc. had a bmw with 35 profile. just looking purely from an aesthetic look. the tires will be almost a full inch smaller in diameter which I don't like. if won't change look significantly, no point in spending time and money

Ads