tire pressure

tire pressure

This is a discussion on tire pressure within the Evoque Wheels & Tires forums, part of the Land Rover Evoque Garage category; Hi all, i am using 235/60 R18 tire and would like to know what tire prssure i should be using on my evoque? saw online ...

Thread: tire pressure

Member #

tire pressure

Hi all,

i am using 235/60 R18 tire and would like to know what tire prssure i should be using on my evoque? saw online and they mention 31psi, however it seems to be a little under pressure.

thanks for the help!

2. # ADS
    Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by londonbridge View Post
    Hi all,

i am using 235/60 R18 tire and would like to know what tire prssure i should be using on my evoque? saw online and they mention 31psi, however it seems to be a little under pressure.

thanks for the help!
    Looking at your user name, and the fact that you have 18" tires, I assume that you are in the UK. In the US, manufactures are required to put a sticker on the driver's door jam, showing the
    recommended tire pressure for the vehicle. I don't know if the same applies for other countries. I just went out and looked at the door sticker in my MY2013 Evoque coupe, and the tire
    pressure listed for your tire size is: 35psi front and 31psi rear.

Hope this helps!
    Last edited by Rsquared; 03-04-2014 at 08:21 AM.

Member #
    I've always believed that the maximum tire pressure stamped on the sidewall of the tire is the best indicator of the correct pressure. Car companies often lower the tire companies optimum tire pressure to give a softer ride and in some cases to reduce tire noise. I lower the tire pressure 5 psi from the maximum pressure number on the tire sidewall. This usually results in less tire wear, better handling and better mileage. Remember tire pressure rises slightly during hot weather and different tire designs have different optimum pressures.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by mstraka View Post
    I've always believed that the maximum tire pressure stamped on the sidewall of the tire is the best indicator of the correct pressure. .
    Maximum tire pressure for the tire is just that. It isn't the optimal pressure it is the maximum pressure to operate safely. Auto manufacturers use different air pressures for multiple reasons including the weight of the vehicle. While auto manufacturers do have tire manufacturers make specific tread designs for certain vehicles, many tires are used on a multitude of different vehicles. As noted earlier different air pressures are recommended for the Evoque depending on which size tire is used. I recommend referring to the sticker on the door jamb for the proper air pressure for your vehicle and applicable tire size.
    You shouldn't have to stop just because the pavement does! 2012 Range Rover Evoque Pure Plus Coupe, 2009 Land Rover LR2 HSE traded, 2008 Land Rover LR2 SE traded.

Member #
    If all else fails try asking the place you bought your tires for what they recommend. They see tires that have been both under and over inflated and can probably make an educated recommendation.
    '12 Evoque Pure Plus (wife's), 12 Chevy Volt (mine), '03 Corvette and '12 Victory Crossroads

Member #
    That is 100% incorrect sir! That implies a disregard for weight, load , etc.

Ads