Winter tires

Winter tires

This is a discussion on Winter tires within the Evoque Wheels & Tires forums, part of the Land Rover Evoque Garage category; The first snow is headed our way to Chicago this weekend. I'm about to order Bridgestone Blizzaks DM-V2 tires for my Evoque, but was wondering ...

Thread: Winter tires

Member #

Winter tires

The first snow is headed our way to Chicago this weekend. I'm about to order Bridgestone Blizzaks DM-V2 tires for my Evoque, but was wondering what other members have gone with and provide recommendations / alternatives.

Chicago winters can be brutal. Previously I was able to get away with the all-seasons, but after busting my wheel, bearing and tire on my G35xS last year (slid into a curb at slow speed in a parking lot - over a Grand in repairs) last winter I swore to never go another winter without the proper winter tire.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    I'm about to order my first set of Pirelli Scorpion Winters, 19".

Member #
    I second the Scorpion Winters but with 235/60/R18's. Sidewalls are your friend esp with your notorious Chicago potholes. Also save yourself some cash this way.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Nice! My wife has Pirelli Scorpion All-Seasons on her vehicle, and they made a huge difference all-around from what she had previously. Definitely send in another reply/review when you have the chance to test it this winter.

I went ahead and ordered the Blizzaks which were a little less expensive then the Pirelli's. The DM-V2 is their newer model, but from all the postive reviews I read on the discontinued DM-V1, they should work out just fine for me. They're getting installed first thing tomorrow and will get tested tomorrow night as we are expecting 4-7 inches.
    Last edited by StormTrooper; 11-19-2015 at 04:24 PM.

Member #
    Bridgestones even better in deep snow but you may lose a bit of handling with them.

Member #
    Just bought a set of Nitto tires SN2 winter tires. Not that expensive, but pretty impress with its performance. I did use Bridgestone before I settled with Nitto by the way.
    Last edited by inyrdreams; 03-03-2016 at 06:40 PM.

Ads