Powder coat wheels questions?

Powder coat wheels questions?

This is a discussion on Powder coat wheels questions? within the Evoque Wheels & Tires forums, part of the Land Rover Evoque Garage category; I have just ordered the gloss black Range Rover lettering front and rear for my Fuji white with a black top. I have the style ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Powder coat wheels questions?

Super Moderator
    Member #

Question Powder coat wheels questions?

I have just ordered the gloss black Range Rover lettering front and rear for my Fuji white with a black top.

I have the style 6 20" wheels, which I like the design. I however think gloss black would look much better.

I am thinking about having the style 6 wheels powder coated gloss black, which would look killer on the white Dynamic.

Question has any one every had a set of rims powder coated? If so how did they hold up? How about putting tires on and off the rim?

Has any one who bought rims that came powder coated, how did they hold up?

what do you think of my idea on powder coating these?

2012 Dynamic 5 door, Fuji White and Santorini black top, Lunar interior Style 6 sparkle rims, Climate comfort, adaptive dynamic, Sat and HD radio
    2012 Custom Vehicle Operations, FLTRXSE Harley Davidson Roadglide White Gold Pearl and Starfire Black
    2013 Custom Vehicle Operations, FLHRSE5 Harley Davidson Road King an ultra-premium Diamond Dust, Obsidian and Palladium paint scheme, 110th Anniversary Edition.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    Well most aftermarket rim shops powdercoat their stuff. And as long as they use a good job of it, it will hold up like the stock rims.
    Had a set powdercoated in matt black and it lasted 3-4 years (till I sold the car). The only damage I experienced was from curb rash. (My fault thogh). Should be fine.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Thank you for the information.

When I get back to the states I am going to investigate the cost further with the guy who powder coated all my custom motorcycle parts.

I'm thinking black would look good on the fuji white seeing my grill and trim is black too.

2012 Dynamic 5 door, Fuji White and Santorini black top, Lunar interior Style 6 sparkle rims, Climate comfort, adaptive dynamic, Sat and HD radio
    2012 Custom Vehicle Operations, FLTRXSE Harley Davidson Roadglide White Gold Pearl and Starfire Black
    2013 Custom Vehicle Operations, FLHRSE5 Harley Davidson Road King an ultra-premium Diamond Dust, Obsidian and Palladium paint scheme, 110th Anniversary Edition.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Here's my base wheels on a dynamic powdercoated black with a machined lip.Name:  evoque.jpg
Views: 17440
Size:  1.49 MB

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockhouse View Post
    Here's my base wheels on a dynamic powdercoated black with a machined lip.Name:  evoque.jpg
Views: 17440
Size:  1.49 MB
    That looks fantastic, saw it on the other thread also.

So those are powder coates, I do like that machined lip, just a little something to set them off.

Makes me want to do my style 6 20" rims even more now.

Member #
    Painted this evoque roof, mirror and wheels for a client.
    Name:  anita02.JPG
Views: 7703
Size:  197.2 KB

cjp
    Member #
    wheels look sharp. how much did it cost for powder coating?

Member #
    Powder coating is great. Can be a bit pricey, but the results are second to none. It is extremely durable. I destroyed a 21" powder coated rim on a giant pothole last year. Dented the rim about 2 - 3" around the lip, near the spoke. Powder coating didn't even crack. I was pretty amazed.

I would advise not going gloss black. Satin finish is just the right amount of shine vs. matte look. Pure gloss just stands out way to much, for my taste anyway.

Member #
    Cost about $600.00 turn key

Member #
    Name:  2013 Evoque side.jpg
Views: 44594
Size:  580.4 KB
    19" Stock Rims Powder Coated in Gloss Black.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads