God.......I Hope This Works!?

This is a discussion on God.......I Hope This Works!? within the Evoque Wheels & Tires forums, part of the Land Rover Evoque Garage category; Well, for what it's worth, I bought some wheels and tires. A link below to the wheel website shows the type, they are Jaguar wheels. ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: God.......I Hope This Works!?

Member #

Well, for what it's worth, I bought some wheels and tires. A link below to the wheel website shows the type, they are Jaguar wheels. I found them on TSW's website inventory search rather by accident. Regardless, they are 20x10 with a 28mm offset. Wheel Studio in CA is shaving off 3mm to move them a little closer to the brakes. Putting 295x40's on them, Toyo Proxes IIs. Had some of them on a Porsche in the past, loved them, wore well and were quiet. According to the Rims and Tires website, see below link, they will barely fit due to the 2 inch wider wheels and tires. My only concern is the front tires, in a turn, rubbing the back of the wheel well. So what, it's plastic with some give. I have admitted to mental illness on this site once already and obviously am continuing. Skinny tires ruin the look of a car. The good news is if they don't quite make it different tires can be mounted, some 275x45s are nice but if you're going to do this you should do it right..........uhhhhh.......correct?
    The stock wheels, at least my 20s, style 7, are 8 inches wide, 45mm offset (et), 5x108 bolt pattern, and a 63.4mm hub/bore. The lug bolts are 14.15mm at the threaded section and 27mm long at the threads. Double check those last two numbers.
    See below link to Wheel Studio. This is the second time I've bought from these gents and do an excellent job. Ask for Eric. Entire package came to $2434. wheels, tires, TPMs, mounting, balancing and shipping. I'll post pictures ASAP, probably a week to 10 days.

Wheels-Coventry Whitley, hyper silver

Jaguar Wheels by Coventry. Custom X-type wheels, S-Type wheels, XF wheels, XJ wheels, XK wheels

Wheel Studio in CA

Wheel Studio: online store for Wheel and Tire Packages | Discount Wheels, Discount Rims, Custom wheels, Truck rims, Car rims, Rim and Tire Packages, cheap wheels, cheap rims, cheap tires

Wheel and tire calculater, pop the $12.00 for the extensive one month subscription for the "Comparer Pro".

www.rimsntires.com
    Last edited by Skywagon; 04-17-2012 at 05:52 PM.
    Wickedyak likes this.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    New wheels and tires mounted, no rubbing. Pictures very soon.
    Thanks

Member #
    Please advise how to post pictures on this website.
    Last edited by Skywagon; 04-25-2012 at 03:34 PM.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Wow, those look great!

Apparently, this board is a little different and the usual
    Code:
    [IMG][/IMG]
    doesn't work here.

I had to actually click the "image" button while creating this post and then put the URL there for it to insert it. Different than what I'm used to as well.

Here they are:

Name:  CIMG2445.jpg
Views: 2972
Size:  135.0 KB

Name:  CIMG2449.jpg
Views: 2683
Size:  117.9 KB

Name:  CIMG2447.jpg
Views: 2674
Size:  120.3 KB

Name:  CIMG2446.jpg
Views: 2671
Size:  108.0 KB

They really look good. Great job.
    malharden, wwwjosje and JoesEvoque like this.

Member #
    Those are really sharp rims and tires.

Would the 295 x 40's work on the stock 20 inch rims?

2012 Dynamic 5 door, Fuji White and Santorini black top, Lunar interior Style 6 sparkle rims, Climate comfort, adaptive dynamic, Sat and HD radio
    2012 Custom Vehicle Operations, FLTRXSE Harley Davidson Roadglide White Gold Pearl and Starfire Black
    2013 Custom Vehicle Operations, FLHRSE5 Harley Davidson Road King an ultra-premium Diamond Dust, Obsidian and Palladium paint scheme, 110th Anniversary Edition.

Member #
    emathieu,
    Wow, thanks much for the work. The wheels and tires are both 2 inches wider than stock and .6 inches greater diameter. Eric at Wheel Studio: online store for Wheel and Tire Packages | Discount Wheels, Discount Rims, Custom wheels, Truck rims, Car rims, Rim and Tire Packages, cheap wheels, cheap rims, cheap tires in CA has had several people tell him it couldn't be done with theses sizes.
    Thanks again.
    P.S. My style 7 20s with 2400 miles on the tires are for sale. Check the classified section.
    P.S.S The stock wheel lug nuts fit perfectly.
    Last edited by Skywagon; 04-25-2012 at 07:20 PM.

Member #
    Dave,
    I would not recommend it. If you go to tire rack, choose a tire, and then go to the tire specs. you'll see a recommended wheel width for each tire. One reason I got away with this wide a tire is because I used 2 inch wider wheels and with a 28 mm offset/et. This moved the wheel away from the suspension some as well. The last I looked on the TSW inventory web site the identical wheel was available in a gloss black. I was told I got the last 4 silver ones in the states. I'd wage putting wide tires on narrow wheels would cause excessive wear in the middle of the tires tread among other things. Go to Custom rims, wheel tire packages for your ride - RIMSnTIRES.com and use their "Pro Comparer", $12.00 for a 30 day subscription. A gent on this website put 275/45s on the stock 20s.

Quote Originally Posted by FLSTFIDave View Post
    Those are really sharp rims and tires.

Would the 295 x 40's work on the stock 20 inch rims?

Member #
    They Look awesome, Im planning in getting 21x10 with 305...I don't if the evoque have much room, but im gonna try it...

Member #
    Just my opinion, I'd stay away from 21 inch wheels. The tires choices in that size are extremely limited. Twenty's on this smaller car appear about the right size, 22's IMO, would simply be too big. Be aware of two close tolerance area's I discovered in this application. Look at the top of the front tires. Behind them is the base of where the front springs are mounted. Obviously if you go with a lower offset than stock you'll be moving the tire away from the springs. Conversely, the farther out you move the tire and wheel the less clearance you'll have in the front wheel wheel wells when doing a full lock turn. I have about, seriously, 1/4 of an inch between my tires and the wheel well liner in that configuration, full locked turn. Then again the liner is only plastic and it does have some give. I can't recommend enough the rimsntires.com web site. Do the "Pro Comparer" for the $12. You'll be glad you did. Also, Call Eric at Wheel Studio. As, I think I wrote, he was told my numerous people my application couldn't be done. He and I proved otherwise. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by myevoque View Post
    They Look awesome, Im planning in getting 21x10 with 305...I don't if the evoque have much room, but im gonna try it...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads