Big Tires - Page 2

Big Tires

This is a discussion on Big Tires within the Evoque Wheels & Tires forums, part of the Land Rover Evoque Garage category; ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Big Tires

Member #
    Name:  side poke and lights.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  152.3 KBName:  Sideshot.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  133.2 KB

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    OK boys, now that we've completely jacked this thread here are of couple pics of of mine with some input, lighting in pics sucks and Ill take some better ones later, mods to this point as follows: Black out grill / side vents , 30% Tint, hood louvers ( not sold on these and may take them off or paint interior of louvers black), 30mm H&R spacers, Atturo Trail Blade M/T 255x55x19, Luminex tail tint, brushed aluminum pedals and foot plate inside, Lumen 9005HLC-G8 - G8 LED Conversion Kit (9005 / HB3). Impressions/favs; tires are sick as well as LED conversion highly recommend. As motorcity states above tires are loudER but not bad at all especially compared to my old hooked up Jeep with the Kuhmo Venturo MT's and lift kit. Spacers give a nice little poke, look a bit better in person, and feel like I could have gone even wider (35 or even 40 mm on them). Absolutely NO RUBBING and full turning radius.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Member #
    ...some color matched painted trim next ( I think the polish on the skirts has to go), gonna have to fight myself not to go wider on the spacers (i'll probably loose that battle although cant find anyone anywhere on any forum to say they've gone even as wide as I have or wider without issue or even having had issues ) and I think the lift kit last depending on motorcitys pics. Curious to hear what you guys think about upgrading wheels, but wheel options suck, cant find anything I like better than the OEM's in any color/finish.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    I've added a Curt trailer hitch and 4" Black stainless outlets. Bigger tires will allow these two mods. Otherwise your ground clearance will suffer. Bigger tires = raised load capacity also. The Atturos we run have an XL load rating. Just something to think about if you plan to haul or tow.

Member #
    I’m sure you guys have seen my 2012 Evoque (maybe) but I went to an off road event here in Texas. These little cars are as good off road as they are on road especially if you have a nice set off tires to back them up. Get after it and stay young🤘🏻.

Member #
    I really like your rack setup. Can you share some info please?

Member #
    It’s made by voyager off road down in Florida. The rack plus the Wind fairing was about 1200$ the Nilight lights were cheap from amazon, I wired them myself. Great for off roading or creating daylight at night.

Member #
    Looks awesome

Member #
    Re Big Tires "update"
    Ever since I had my Atturo Trail Blades installed it felt weird on the highway. I took it back to the tire slope many times and had the tires removed and balanced. Then I was getting false DSC codes. Telling me I was spinning my tires at 70mph. So I took it to the land rover dealer and the have it for 3 days. They verdict was that I had 3 different circumference on the tires. (See picture) All tires are labeled the same size, however they are not. The tire store apologized, even though it was not their fault. They offered to give me a new set of tires of my choice.

I went with the Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac in 255/55R/19. Perfect fit. No rubbing like the Atturos. Very low road noise, great dry and wet traction. Have not taken them offroad yet. Highly recommend so far.

Member #
    Thanks for the info on the rack. I will put it on my bucket list. One last question. Is it strong enough to put my spare up on the rack?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Ads