Noobie, possibly taking delivery on Saturday...

Noobie, possibly taking delivery on Saturday...

This is a discussion on Noobie, possibly taking delivery on Saturday... within the Introductions forums, part of the Land Rover Evoque category; Stumbled upon this forum while doing some research on the Evoque! Looking at a 2012 demonstrator that looks to be fully loaded- Dynamic premium pkg ...

Member #

Question Noobie, possibly taking delivery on Saturday...

Stumbled upon this forum while doing some research on the Evoque!

Looking at a 2012 demonstrator that looks to be fully loaded- Dynamic premium pkg and the adaptive Magna-ride options plus a bunch of other stuff but I must admit that the option packages seem a little confusing. Trading in a Nissan Altima coupe and the price is great considering we are actually upside-down in the Nissan so a decent price plus the discount on the demo more than offsets the negative equity.

Anyway, really impressed with the vehicle; This will actually be a birthday present for my wife whose birthday is Saturday the 17th! Good Lord I hope she likes it...

Wondering about long-term opinions especially for the 1st year (2012). Anything I should insist on prior to delivery? I didn't think to check the build date but the VIN ends in 2822...

Looking forward to learning a lot here and hopefully contributing!

/r

Allen

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    Took the plunge and took delivery of our new Mauritius blue Dynamic 5 door!

The wife loves it (damn good thing since it was for her birthday) and I continue to be quite impressed with it. I must admit that I was a little surprised with a couple of missing features like remote start and auto-locking doors on exit but neither are a deal breaker. For all I know, it may well have both and I just haven't figured it out yet!

Looking forward to learning a lot here!

/r

Allen

Member #
    Congrats. That color is a killer. You're going to love the MagnaRide suspension. Best in the world.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Have had the chance to put a few miles on it and have to say I am quite pleased! Took a trip up to Foxboro MA a couple of weeks ago (about 2 hours away) and the ride was excellent but the NAV took us on a wild goose chase but attributed to operator error. Who knew there was more than one Patriot's Way in Foxboro...

Anyway, the only complaints I have is that I am still having trouble dialing in the seat position. I was surprised that the control pedals are not adjustable and the front of the driver's seat does not tilt on ours- option is only in the Prestige package and not the Dynamic?! I also think the included "premium" carpet floor mats are laughable at any price point and border on insulting for a vehicle that stickers well north of $50k. Replaced them with a set of MAXpider 3D fitted mats that are perfect! Last item was the right rear tail-light assembly- the black "trim" was cracking around the edges but quickly replaced under warranty.

We are very surprised with the overall performance and comfort of the Evoque- it is a definate keeper at this point!

/r

Allen

Ads