Proud Owner from Texas

Proud Owner from Texas

This is a discussion on Proud Owner from Texas within the Introductions forums, part of the Land Rover Evoque category; Hi everyone. I'm a proud owner of a Buckingham blue 2012 Dynamic model with a silver contrast roof. As with all of the cars that ...

Member #

Proud Owner from Texas

Hi everyone. I'm a proud owner of a Buckingham blue 2012 Dynamic model with a silver contrast roof. As with all of the cars that I've owned, he has a name. His name is Spencer. To give you an idea of my taste in cars, my last 3 cars were a Volvo C30 (Sven), a Jeep Wrangler (Judd), and an Audi TT (Dane). I'm a huge fan of electronica / dance / trance music, which sounds amazing on the 825 watt Meridian system. My friends tease me about driving a mobile dance club lol. I'm loving the Land Rover ownership experience so far. I've only owned Spencer for about 6 weeks so I haven't experienced my first service appointment yet. Just crossing my fingers that their service is at least comparable to the service I've come to expect after owning a Volvo and Audi.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    I'm not an owner (yet - check back when the 2014 models are available!) but I have a question I've not seen answered online - what's the stock horn like? One of the few things I don't like about my current driver is the wussy sounding horn, and I'm hoping the Evoque does better in that department.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by HeartbreakRidge View Post
    I'm not an owner (yet - check back when the 2014 models are available!) but I have a question I've not seen answered online - what's the stock horn like? One of the few things I don't like about my current driver is the wussy sounding horn, and I'm hoping the Evoque does better in that department.
    Actually, there's two answers...

The actual horn sounds respectable- a traditional sounding horn. The second part of the answer is the "alert" when setting the alarm and such- it is an anemic "meep-meep" sounding mess...

Not sure why there are two separate horns but at least the alarm one is seldom heard. The exception was when I set off the alarm in a parking lot to locate it and couldn't shut it up fast enough!

/r

Allen

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new Evoque!

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Allen_B View Post
    The actual horn sounds respectable- a traditional sounding horn. The second part of the answer is the "alert" when setting the alarm and such- it is an anemic "meep-meep" sounding mess...

Not sure why there are two separate horns but at least the alarm one is seldom heard. The exception was when I set off the alarm in a parking lot to locate it and couldn't shut it up fast enough!
    Maybe it's meant to force a thief to flee in terror? Thanks for the response! (and welcome OP!)

Member #
    I agree with the "meep meep" or roadrunner sound. My guess is LR only used 1 of the 2 horns for the alarm set alert so not to disturb the neighbors.
    You shouldn't have to stop just because the pavement does! 2012 Range Rover Evoque Pure Plus Coupe, 2009 Land Rover LR2 HSE traded, 2008 Land Rover LR2 SE traded.

Member #
    Otherwise, both horns are utilized for driving.
    You shouldn't have to stop just because the pavement does! 2012 Range Rover Evoque Pure Plus Coupe, 2009 Land Rover LR2 HSE traded, 2008 Land Rover LR2 SE traded.

Ads