Hello all, no owner yet but purchase is imminent

This is a discussion on Hello all, no owner yet but purchase is imminent within the Introductions forums, part of the Land Rover Evoque category; I've been interested in an Evoque coupe since I first saw one. I live in South Dakota and am unlucky enough not to have a ...

Member #

I've been interested in an Evoque coupe since I first saw one. I live in South Dakota and am unlucky enough not to have a dealer anywhere close. I was visiting my original home in Wisconsin a few weeks and had the opportunity to check out a dealer. After drooling over the showroom model for an hour, waiting for help (salesman was with someone) I finally got to talking about what I'd want and was told they didn't have any available to test drive (I'd chock this up to me being 22 but looking 17..). After talking for a while he says "one minute.." and comes back with the keys to a coupe and says be back in 30 minutes or so. Finally, all I wanted to do was see if it drove as good as it looks and it sealed the deal for me.

Of course I drove there in my '97 Hummer H1 so basically anything would drive better. Now I'm set, ready to make a purchase within a couple months but might wait till the 2014's come out to either get one, or hopefully get a 2013 at a good price.

Want a White (Red or Blue would work also) 3dr, panoramic glass/santorini black roof, climate package, and xenon/LED headlights for sure. Anything else is negotiable.

So I've been reading here a lot, watching a lot of videos, and reading everything on the internet and can't wait to have one!

Anyways, here's my current daily driver:

I will be keeping the Hummer forever, I love it and have never had more fun with a vehicle but I do have an '02 Ford Explorer Sport Trac to trade places with an Evoque.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    Are you going to order one, or find one?

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by HeartbreakRidge View Post
    Are you going to order one, or find one?
    I'm hoping to luck out have have the dealer find one on the dealer network close to what I want, but if I have to order one I will consider it. Only issue with that is I probably will be financing to purchase, being young this is sometimes a problem (or at least was difficult for the Hummer but that was a 15 year old vehicle, not new). Never ordered anything before so it would be a new experience for sure.

One thing I noticed immediately was the professionalism of the salesmen; just seemed to know I will buy one if I want one, not if they give me a good sales pitch. Being that I was not completely set on an SUV, I really did not want to just be set on this vehicle and go buy one without looking at anything else so I wanted to check out the new Merc CLA (dealer didn't have any), also went to check out the VW TDI's and I damn near felt harassed at that dealer. They did not want me leaving without a new car. I'm very particular about what I want, if I'm there to check out a TDI I am not interested in a Buick Regal; so frustrating.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevon View Post
    One thing I noticed immediately was the professionalism of the salesmen; just seemed to know I will buy one if I want one, not if they give me a good sales pitch. Being that I was not completely set on an SUV, I really did not want to just be set on this vehicle and go buy one without looking at anything else so I wanted to check out the new Merc CLA (dealer didn't have any), also went to check out the VW TDI's and I damn near felt harassed at that dealer. They did not want me leaving without a new car. I'm very particular about what I want, if I'm there to check out a TDI I am not interested in a Buick Regal; so frustrating.
    Well that's good to hear about Land Rover, I hope that translates to my local dealership. I've pretty much loathed every car buying experience I've had, so a pleasant one would be a nice change of pace.

Ads