Future owner of Evoque

Future owner of Evoque

This is a discussion on Future owner of Evoque within the Introductions forums, part of the Land Rover Evoque category; Hi folks. Am getting a new evoque, therefore, registering here to know more about the car. Cheers...

Member #

Future owner of Evoque

Hi folks.
    Am getting a new evoque, therefore, registering here to know more about the car.

Cheers

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    What year are you getting? I would be interested to hear some impressions of the newer transmission and the rest of the driveline is on the 2014. I really enjoy my 2012, with the exception of it having a "condensation" issue, which I believe is now fixed (10 months no issues) and the problem the dealer generated when they were changing out the cabin filter, the car has been 24K miles trouble free. It does as advertised on gas, turns a lot of heads, and I get lots of compliments, great for long trips, and I look forward to the ride to and from work everyday.

There seems to be some good info on this site. There is some good info on other sites/forums as well.

Rob

Member #
    On the topic of the new transmission, it seems the same one is being used for the new 2014 Jeep Cherokee but is causing them some software headaches which is delaying that launch. I'm not sure if that has much relevance to the 2014 Evoque, but worth keeping an eye on it just in case.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    I was surprised to hear it was a 9 speed. It seems that the spacing between gears would be pretty "short". Why not use a continuously variable transmission instead. Nissan did pretty well with the one they used in the Murano. I liked it anyway in our 2003. Other companies have used it successfully as well Audi in the A4 for example. When using the sport mode on the 6 speed in the current Evoque, it is rarely necessary to go the whole way down to 1st gear as it is. In fact, it will not even automatically go to 1st gear when you come to a stop. 2nd and 3rd gear are the current work horses in the 6 speed for me for playing around. At 70 miles an hour, 6th gear, RPMs are about 2100-2200. That really is not all that bad. I am sure the higher gears do help with the gas milage though. I hope they work it all out. In comparison, I used to be able to break 100MPH in 3rd gear in my Camaro (6 speed manual). That thing was stupid fast. Some times I miss that car, other times, I remember I now have an Evoque.

Rob

Ads