Hello from California

Hello from California

This is a discussion on Hello from California within the Introductions forums, part of the Land Rover Evoque category; Hello Everyone! Future 2014 Evoque owner here. So currently, I have a 2010 Subaru Impreza Outback wagon and 2007 Lotus Exige S. I am ready ...

Member #

Hello from California

Hello Everyone!

Future 2014 Evoque owner here. So currently, I have a 2010 Subaru Impreza Outback wagon and 2007 Lotus Exige S. I am ready for an upgrade to the Subie and want something more lux and sporty. I am also tall (6'5") so the Range Rovers work well for me. I've been thinking of the Evoque since I saw it at the LA auto show last year and have only grown to like it more as time has gone by.

That being said, I am waffling a bit between a 2014 Prestige or Dynamic, in Orkney Grey exterior, with one of the darker interior choices (black in Prestige). Being a bit more "sporty" in my preferences, I am leaning slightly more to the Dynamic, but would like to get input from owners, especially the very few that may already have the 2014.
    Prior to the 2014 model year, I think the Dynamic had stiffer suspension settings than the Prestige, but it appears that the only difference between the two in 2014 is styling/color options??

It appears the Prestige will have front heated and cooled seats and both will have the new 9-speed tranny, adaptive cruise control, and park and exit assist. However; there's not much info on the new Dynamic interiors being offered, so if anyone has any insight, it would be greatly appreciated. Pics even more!

Thanks,
    Dan

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    There are no new dynamic interior choices. Adaptive cruise control is an option for the prestige but isn't a standard feature afaik.

Member #
    Hey from Malibu. (Have a 2013 Ork Grey Dynamic). It's not that the Dynamic had a "stiffer" suspension, but that you could get MagneRide as an option on the Dynamic in 2013. Not sure if they've made it avail on the prestige for 2014. In the UK, for example, you could get MagneRide as an option on the prestige and it came standard on the Dynamic. Here the Dynamic is "positioned" more as a sports sedan, having different body styling and a reduced approach angle for going off road. MagneRide allows you to engage a stiffer suspension profile and a quicker steering profile. (For me the suspension is a must-have and I do not run it in stiffer mode)

Ads