I finally became a member today! I've been reading most of the threads the past 2 months after buying my RRE. I bought a 2013 Pure Fuji White and love it. I was concerned about the acceleration between gears at first but have learned "how to drive it." These RRE are not meant to drive like a baby. Step on the pedal and have fun with it. Not bad for a 4x4 4 cyl, eh?
Some of the things I've learned of my RRE and by reading the forum so far:
- It is NOT a girly car.
- Secret cubby hole in the glove box.
- Dealer "upgrade" Mats are not worth it. You will soon get your nice carpet dirty (especially at the footrest).
- New modification ideas: Already ordered the 3D Mats and Black Lettering Kit. Cargo net for the things that slide around in the back. Mud Flaps next!
- Painting the Calipers when my first scheduled maintenance at 10K miles. (Is it 8, 10, or 15K for first oil change? Its been conflicting from what I've read).
- As an avid golfer, you CANNOT place your clubs in the back unless you break down you bag first. This has been my BIGGEST dissapointment thus far. The newer drivers are 43+" long. No possible way to keep in bag and store in trunk.
- That Heated Windshield and climate steering wheel really is useful after all!
- The BSM is an absolute MUST on this car!
- Be careful of the side mirrors deflecting your view when turning. It does pose as a blind spot.
- I’ve seen 2 other ones around town. That is nice.
Last edited by HH60M; 11-27-2013 at 11:37 AM.
11-27-2013 11:13 AM