Hello from UpState, New York

This is a discussion on Hello from UpState, New York within the Introductions forums, part of the Land Rover Evoque category; Hello, Coming up on my 2nd Oil & Filter change.....can I do it myself ? I been a car guy for many years....always change Oil, ...

Member #

Hello,

Coming up on my 2nd Oil & Filter change.....can I do it myself ? I been a car guy for many years....always change Oil, brake jobs. I go away from it when you could get a "Ford/Chevy" oil change for $19.99. I am retired and really don't need to go back to the dealer and spend $100 - $120.
    Your thoughts ??? Thanks.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    Sure go for it - 6 qts of 5w30 syn oil($30.), an LR025306 oil filter,($15 ebay) a 5mm and 15 mm socket, oil filter wrench, a good floor jack and 30 mins of your time and your done. The most time consuming part is removing and reinstalling the the plastic belly pan

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by whitepp View Post
    Sure go for it - 6 qts of 5w30 syn oil($30.), an LR025306 oil filter,($15 ebay) a 5mm and 15 mm socket, oil filter wrench, a good floor jack and 30 mins of your time and your done. The most time consuming part is removing and reinstalling the the plastic belly pan
    My guess is that the OEM oil filter is a Ford Motorcraft manufacture with a Land Rover part #. Go a step up and use a Mobile One or the premium K&N oil filter (K&N's filter features a nut attached to the end for easy removal.) These filters have a reference # for our Evoque as the 2.0 liter motor is Ford. Do it yourself and you know your engine is filled with synthetic oil. My material costs are around $45 (the best filter and oil, as I purchase the items during price savings at auto chain stores.)

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Thanks for vote of confidence..... I am on my way to Advance Auto Part for all that is necessary.

Member #
    please let us know what oil and filter are you using
    I was quoted $500 for 2nd service, Hell NO spending my money like that

Also since Evoque has same engine as Ford Escape, then has anybody use Regular gas?

Member #
    if you use a k&N as described let us know the order info. Thanks

Member #
    I purchased a K&N oil filter, part # HP-1002, "wrench-off" Cost $13.99 @ AutoZone, Middletown, NY.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by donot521 View Post
    please let us know what oil and filter are you using
    I was quoted $500 for 2nd service, Hell NO spending my money like that

Also since Evoque has same engine as Ford Escape, then has anybody use Regular gas?
    Our Evoques require 91 octane minimum. In my locale 93 octane is the common premium rating. I will on occasion mix premium 93 with the plus grade 89 (50/50 = 91 octane) to save some money. Do I notice a difference in performance? Yes, although slight . I would never run 100% regular grade at 87 octane, although I believe the engine will compensate for the lower octane by retarding the ignition with the result of lower performance that the average driver won't notice. The 2.0 gasoline Ford Ecoboost turbo engine in our Evoque is basically the same as in the Ford lineup although tuned and specced accordingly to Land Rover. Hopefully this includes a higher production standard.

Ads