Hello everyone! In Southern CA... looking for some words of wisdom.

This is a discussion on Hello everyone! In Southern CA... looking for some words of wisdom. within the Introductions forums, part of the Land Rover Evoque category; Greetings, fellow forum members! I am seriously considering purchasing a 2013 Evoque Pure Premium as my daily driver. I work for a large automotive group ...

Member #

Greetings, fellow forum members!

I am seriously considering purchasing a 2013 Evoque Pure Premium as my daily driver. I work for a large automotive group and we have a Land Rover franchise in our group of stores, so this means that I would be able to get an Evoque at a considerable discount. I drive a 2008 Infiniti EX35 now, and while I love my current ride, it's getting on in miles and it was the car that I bought with the ex.... so, onward and upward into something more "my speed".

My question is about the maintenance and reliability of the Evoques. I will be driving about 2,000 miles per month for work and play. I am looking for your personal anecdotes on your overall experience of owning this car for the last couple of years, plus was hoping to get a sense of the costs put forth to keep this beautiful piece of machinery running at top notch performance. Can anyone either share (or point me in the right direction) the issues they're encountered while owning this car in the last couple of years?

Many thanks! And happy driving...

~ AydinNB

2. # ADS
    Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    AydinNB,

First, Welcome to the forum!

We have had our MY2013 Evoque coupe for 16 months, and we have had no problems. Having said that, we only have 2,600 miles on the odometer. It is literally a grocery getter,
    with other short trips to see family.

It seems to me you have the perfect resource at your finger tips, if you work for an automotive group with a Land Rover dealer in the group.
    Call and talk to the service adviser, AND the service manager, and ask them how many, and how serious of problems they see coming into the
    service department. I would think they would be "more honest" with you about the problems they see, since you work
    for the same company, than they would with someone off the street.
    Last edited by Rsquared; 08-05-2014 at 10:52 AM.

Ads