Near Future Evoque in Colorado

This is a discussion on Near Future Evoque in Colorado within the Introductions forums, part of the Land Rover Evoque category; Greetings, Just joined the forum, presently in negotiations on a 2014 Pure Plus coupe, black on black. I was struggling with the idea of a ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Near Future Evoque in Colorado

Member #

Greetings,

Just joined the forum, presently in negotiations on a 2014 Pure Plus coupe, black on black. I was struggling with the idea of a new Cherokee, but from a stylistic standpoint the Evoque is incredible. I own a lifted Wrangler that fits the deep snow and off-road needs of living in the mountains (Estes Park, Colorado) but is harsh on longer drives, which brought me here.

My present conflict is whether to trade my Jaguar in on the Evoque. It is the main reason that brought me to this present deal, as I really enjoy the finish and level of styling of the Jag, but it is garaged several months out of the year. Here is a picture of it, with my Jeep in the background, earlier this year when I lived in Denver. I would really like to keep both the Jag and the Jeep, but have a hard time justifying three cars and the associated costs as a single guy with both kids grown and out of the house.

Decisions, decisions... Name:  hello kitty.jpg
Views: 220
Size:  294.9 KBName:  newjag.jpg
Views: 189
Size:  90.2 KB

2. # ADS
    Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Welcome to the forum!

Nice pictures. I can see why you are having a hard time making your decision. Once you trade the Jaguar, there is no going back.
    Take your time, and make sure you will be happy with your decision.

Although, you know the old saying: "He who dies with the most toys wins." Maybe you should have all three!
    Last edited by Rsquared; 11-06-2014 at 07:32 PM.

Member #
    simple dump the jeep. Evoque should work for winter.

I'm in similar quandary whether to sell my am vantage and get an evoque which is loads more practical!

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Jeeps and Colorado go together like honey and Sopapillas (inside Colorado joke- hopefully the OP gets the reference ). I doubt the OP would sell the jeep.

Two different vehicles - Jag v.s. the Evoque. I feel the Evoque has all the styling exclusivity of the Jag and also is decent at going on trails. You'll also feel just fine going out to a nice dinner and pulling up in your Evoque. In other words, you'll get more out of your Evoque.
    theweeb likes this.

Member #
    Thanks for the replies. I really want to keep the Jeep, I have had it since new in 1999 (divorce present to myself) and it has been not only a blast on the trails but also doors off top down cruising in the summer, and has been a real workhorse in hauling (pulled the back seat out and carpeting, installed a 4,000 lb hitch) so I am going to keep it around. I don't have to worry parking it or jumping over curbs. I probably will trade the XKR on the Evoque, depending on the deal we work out, and then look towards next summer for a true roadster - a Cobra replica, or Atom, or a car I have lusted for for a long, long time - a Caterham. Of course, the biggest factor is $$ . . .

Not that is entirely germane to this thread, but here is a pic from a week-long strawbale home building seminar I worked earlier this year. The trailer rental weighed nearly double the rated towing capacity of the Jeep, but it still hauled it without issue (though second/third gear 35 mph up the hills to get to the location). Though I am sure the Evoque can tow, I am not sure I would put it through that kind of stress.

Name:  jeeppod.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  88.8 KB
    Last edited by theweeb; 11-06-2014 at 10:31 PM.

Member #
    Caterhams are FUN cars, had an HPC, new ones are far too overpriced now for what you get tho.

Quote Originally Posted by theweeb View Post
    Thanks for the replies. I really want to keep the Jeep, I have had it since new in 1999 (divorce present to myself) and it has been not only a blast on the trails but also doors off top down cruising in the summer, and has been a real workhorse in hauling (pulled the back seat out and carpeting, installed a 4,000 lb hitch) so I am going to keep it around. I don't have to worry parking it or jumping over curbs. I probably will trade the XKR on the Evoque, depending on the deal we work out, and then look towards next summer for a true roadster - a Cobra replica, or Atom, or a car I have lusted for for a long, long time - a Caterham. Of course, the biggest factor is $$ . . .

Not that is entirely germane to this thread, but here is a pic from a week-long strawbale home building seminar I worked earlier this year. The trailer rental weighed nearly double the rated towing capacity of the Jeep, but it still hauled it without issue (though second/third gear 35 mph up the hills to get to the location). Though I am sure the Evoque can tow, I am not sure I would put it through that kind of stress.

Name:  jeeppod.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  88.8 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Member #
    Well, my fling with the Evoque is over, for now. I have instead just purchased a pre-owned Cayenne, keeping both the Jeep and Jaguar. Maybe at some future time we shall meet again.

Member #
    If you ever want to sell that XKR hit me up, I may be interested. Glad you didn't trade it in...the trade in value on those is horrible.
    theweeb likes this.

Member #
    Thanks, Engineer, will keep that in mind. This is quite the contrast, taken last weekend before the big snow and cold hit. Perhaps next year I will trade the Cayenne in on an Evoque...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Member #
    Weeb, I can't say enough how people that do stupid things piss me off. Towing over double the rating? It's not just the pulling, more importantly it's the handling and the BRAKING!!! When you cause a wreck and kill some innocent person due to you bravado. But hey you are smarter than the people that put out ratings right?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads