Finally Took Ownership

Finally Took Ownership

This is a discussion on Finally Took Ownership within the Introductions forums, part of the Land Rover Evoque category; Well...after placing my order back in March, we finally took ownership of our brand new, 2015 Pure Premium in Lorie Blue. Seems like it took ...

Member #

Finally Took Ownership

Well...after placing my order back in March, we finally took ownership of our brand new, 2015 Pure Premium in Lorie Blue. Seems like it took forever, but having to ship to the middle of the USA takes a little extra time.

After having driven it for a couple of days now, here are my first impressions.

The Good
    -Obviously...The styling. Love love love it. Can't stop looking at it...and neither can most people that see it. We were searching for a new car for months and had a set budget. Somehow I came across the Evoque...saw it...knew it was going to be ours without even driving it. The price blew the budget but you only live once! And the fact that both the wife and I agreed on the car...that was the sure sign this was going to be a good purchase.
    -The color. Purchased it without seeing the color in person. Was scared we made a bad decision. But seeing it in person...wow. Such a deep blue. It's definitely blue though...not so dark that it looks black.
    -The ride.
    Sooooo smooth. Have been worried every day after reading story after story about the rough shifting...but so far have had no issues. The car goes through the gears smooth and fast. No jerking going up or down the gears in either Auto or Sport mode.
    -The Turbo. Love the pep that you get out of that little turbo. Can now get onto the interstate and pass with confidence. My old Acura was hit or miss.
    -The Uniqueness. Love having unique cars. Have only seen 3 other Evoques on the road since putting in our down payment three months ago.
    -The Interior. Luxury all around. Even with the Pure Premium trim...the interior just seems so well appointed. Love all the features. We went with Cirrus/Lunar with the black headliner. Wasn't too sure but the color combination works extremely well with the blue exterior.

The "Wish I Could Change"
    -No HUD. Wish it had the HUD. Saw that online...wish I had it...but can live without.
    -No Cooled Front Seats. Wish I had the climate front seats that the Prestige offered...but couldn't justify spending extra just for that.
    -Roof Shade. Seems to rattle a bit with the windows down. Not too noticeable but just enough to make you turn your head every now and then.
    -Cameras. Love all the camera angles...just wish they were more HD. Again...they work fine and nothing to get in a twist over.
    -Voice Commands. Wish there was a shortcut for using voice commands. For example "Call Wife". Seems like you have to go through a couple commands before making a call. No biggie...just something to get used to.

Questions

-Does anyone know how/why the engine shuts off sometimes when you are stopped and you undo your seat belt? Seems hit or miss when this happens. Just not sure what causes this.
    -Anyone know if/when the HUD will be available on the Evoque in the US? Or is it only available on certain trim levels?
    -Is it possible to go from Auto to Sport mode while driving and then back again? In my Acura I could use the paddles to go up or down a gear when I needed to and it would go back to Auto mode automatically. In the Evoque, I can be in Auto mode and then hit the paddles to go up or down a gear...but once I do, I'm stuck using the paddles. So if I'm in Auto..and I hit the paddles to go down a gear...I have to use the paddles from then on out until I come to a stop and put in N then D again.

Overall...have no..none...zip...zilch...zero regrets about buying the car. Love it. I actually love the styling of the 2015 over the 2016 so I'm glad I found it when I did.

A little about me...I live near St. Louis, MO. Work in the IT area. Married to a very understanding wife! Love cars and this one fits in nicely with our collection.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    Congratulations! If you hold the right side paddle in for a second or 2 it goes back to the automatic mode. You can switch between drive and sport at any time. The auto stop start will kill the motor at every stop, but I don't know how or why the seatbelt would do anything. Then again mine is a 2012 & doesn't have eco stop/start. Hopefully someone else will chime in. I've just turned 52,000 & still enjoy owning this vehicle.
    You shouldn't have to stop just because the pavement does! 2012 Range Rover Evoque Pure Plus Coupe, 2009 Land Rover LR2 HSE traded, 2008 Land Rover LR2 SE traded.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by rvermill View Post

Questions

-Anyone know if/when the HUD will be available on the Evoque in the US? Or is it only available on certain trim levels?
    The HUD is available for the 2016 models as part of the "Driver Assistance Plus" option package for $2700 on HSE (equivalent of Prestige) or $3400 on HSE Dynamic (equivalent of Dynamic). The option packages includes things such as full LED headlights, cornering and auto leveling lights and adaptive cruise control(HSE Dynamic only). I've got a 2016 on order, gonna pass on the HUD because the packages are a little pricey- kinda wish I could pick the HUD option individually.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    The HUD would be nice...but yikes...the pricing. Hopefully that will come down over time. But again...that is more of a nice to have. But like most things...once you get it...you'll never want to be without it again. This is my first car with push button start. Can see how this will be a "must have" in any new car purchases down the road. Congratulations and good luck with your 2016 purchase. The hardest part will be waiting to take ownership!

Thanks for the tip on holding the paddle in! That's perfect! That gives me full control over switching between Auto and Sport. The Acura would default back to Auto when it saw fit. A little frustrating. This gives you full control. Another reason to love this car!

Yeah...the auto off thing I'm still trying to figure out. The ECO button does shut the car off when you stop and such. But sometimes when I have it off and/or if I pull in and put the car in park with the engine on and running...as soon as I undo my seatbelt...the engine shuts off. Just curious what triggers this as this is not always the case. I'll keep researching and trouble shooting.

Ads