Evoque Forums banner

Welcome to the Land Rover Evoque Forum - Please post an introduction thread.

807K views 19 replies 18 participants last post by  difush 
#1 ·
EvoqueForums.net is a friendly community dedicated to the new the Land Rover Evoque. Our goal is to be the number one resource and the place to go t when you have Range Rover Evoque questions or problems. To keep the place friendly, we ask that every new member post up an introduction thread letting us know a little bit about themselves, their current (and future) Vehicles, Interests, etc.

Please help us keep this site friendly and informative! Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
I have owned an Evoque since January 2012. Love the looks and detail of the car but have had bad luck driving it in rainy weather. Upon acceleration, the car loses power and cant go over 40 MPH. This has happened to me on the loaner Evoque as well. My car is still in the shop and they still have not diagnosed the problem this could be a dangerous situation if you cannot accelerate in rainy weather.

#12 ·
I am the new owner of a 2015 Evoque. I still have my 2010 LR2 and have had zero issue with it, but had to have the Evoque! Well, only had it a little over a month and the service engine light has already came on. The code read that the aux battery needs to be replaced. Mechanic quoted $289 for the battery plus $131 for labor. It appears to be an easy fix, but does anyone have the actual part number or know if i can purchase it online cheaper than $289? Thanks in advance

#14 ·
I have been a member on here a while now, but realised I never posted on this thread.
I have a MY20 Evoque R Dynamic SE D180. This is my first diesel, my first automatic, and my first Range Rover.
I have had a few minor issues with it, and one major problem when the Balance Shaft had to be replaced as the bearings went.
I absolutely love the car, it drives amazingly, and we have had recent snow here and it’s behaved perfectly in the snow.
There are quite a few people here in the U.K. that seem to like complaining about the RRE, but if they had a look at the wider picture, every major car manufacturer has issues, and I doubt that the RRE has any more than most.
Anyway, so far, I do love mine.....

Tire Wheel Automotive design Vehicle Land vehicle
Tire Wheel Automotive design Vehicle Automotive mirror

#15 ·
Howdy everyone. My wife and I just traded in our 2008 BMW X5 and up to a 2015 Evoque Pure Plus. I'm a firm believer in preventative maintenance and am hoping this forum will be a useful resource to allow us to avoid any major issues... as much as possible anyways ;-) . We live in Central Colorado at about 7,200 feet altitude with a winding canyon along the Arkansas river and thoroughly enjoy the drive. I'm hoping to pay off the Evoque in about 3 years at which time it'll convert from my wife's daily commuter to my vehicle to replace a 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee with 260k miles.

#16 ·
Hi,
Just joined the forum although I've had my Evoque for nearly 2 years now.
It's a 2013 2.2 Dynamic auto coupe in Orkney grey with autobiography wheels and black bumper inserts & exhaust tips. Apart from some minor mods, the only things that needed doing were replacing the tank shields and battery.
I'm semi retired and do a couple of days as a delivery driver to keep me out of mischief. I've worked on aircraft most my life as a spray painter, mainly for British Aerospace and Saab, but latterly painting spares & accessories for Triumph Motorcycles Hinckley.

#17 ·
Hello all,
I have purchased a used 2012 Evoque Pure Sport 2Door Coupe with only 69000 miles. I was kinda apprehensive about the purchase since it was located in Florida and I am in Virginia. I had it inspected by a shop that was in the area and it passed all of their inspections. But I still have the jitters. The vehicle will get here this week and I will only have a few days to look over everything before I give up ant return rights. With that being said, does anyone have recommendations on things that I need to look at, test or anything that would be a severe issue. Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance and I am glad this forum is here.

#19 ·
Hello from Canada.
My wife has always wanted a Range Rover and we finally took the plunge.
Proud owners of a 2018 landmark edition.
Traded in our Lincoln MKX
Although we miss a bit of the cabin space the Evoque handles quite well.
Still learning about the new car but enjoying the experience so far.

#20 ·
Hello, just took delivery of my 2024 Evoque. I am new to this forum but not new to Range Rover. I just traded in my 2017 Evoque and I must say my 5 years experience with the Evoque have been surprisingly good. I have zero reliability issue and its more reliable than the Audis and BMWs I have had. It also feel exceptionally safe driving in bad weather conditions. I looked at Alfa Romeo Stelvio and Maserati Greacale but decided against them and bought another Range Rover Evoque because I think its more reliable. Yes, I don't believe I said that, Range Rover is actually reliable, at least from a relative perspective as compared with Maseratis and Alfas. All have dreadful resale and high running cost but At least you get a car that is on he road rather than in the shop. The initial service cost for the 2017 Evoque started from USD1,500 for first year and went up to almost USD8,000 by the fifth year. When it was traded in, it lost USD75,000 of its value and I must say it is a very expensive car to keep but well worth it. Hopefully, this new 2024 model will be jyst as good.