New from New York

New from New York

This is a discussion on New from New York within the Introductions forums, part of the Land Rover Evoque category; Good Morning All, I posted my introduction in the wrong thread so here I go again. I joined the Forum last week and was just ...

Member #

New from New York

Good Morning All,
    I posted my introduction in the wrong thread so here I go again.

I joined the Forum last week and was just activated to participate.
    I purchased my 2015 Evoque Pure Plus in Zanzabar 3 weeks ago. It is my commute vehicle from out on Long Island to Manhattan everyday.
    Four (4) to 5 hours a day (62 miles each way) lends itself to getting to know my Evoque quite well and quickly. My choice of the Evoque was
    easy but, in truth, it was either keep driving my '08 MDX 'till it died and getting my toy (Porsche, Lotus, NSX) for the weekends or buy something to drive
    everyday and put off the garage queen for a couple more years. Besides, it was far easier to convince the wifey to buy the Evoque than the "impractical"
    (her words not mine) sports car that only I can drive (that was actually my point but that didn't go over to well).
    Anyway, here I am. I do have the pesky transmission "farts" and I have confirmed that I have the latest Q501 reprogram so who knows.
    My first projects will be the HID headlight conversion and probably the speed booster throttle change. In the future, who knows.
    Take care all and I'll be "speaking" to you all down the line.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    Hi welcome , it seems very slow here and posts are older . Hope this changes because I like to find out some answers to questions . I too just joined .

Member #
    Let us know the details of your HID conversion and speed booster. Both are things I'm interested in but haven't done yet.
    cheers,

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Well, I thought I'd be a little different so I went with LED conversion in lieu of Xenon.
    The kit arrived yesterday and seems straight forward. No ballast just a canbus connector.
    We will see Saturday. I took before pictures with the stock halos. I'll document the switchover
    and post the comparison.
    I'll let the spread booster argument play out in i'ts own thread before I jump in on that mod.

Member #
    Welcome! Post a pic?

Member #
    I posted my LED observations in the Accesories/Xenon/HID thread if you are interested.
    I will post pictures there when I get the chance.

Ads