Evoque Forums banner

Hello from East TN.

4K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  FLSTFIDave 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello from East TN, New Fuji Dynamic

I had been saving to buy a BMW, MB or Audi car for about a year. I wanted a nice luxury car as I had an FJ cruiser, and a crew cab diesel dually truck. Thanksgiving week end I saw a TV commercial for the Evoque. I thought it looked cool and it was interesting. Went to my local dealer the following week, he only had a black pure coupe. I test drove it and was impressed with the ride and drive, but new I did not want a coupe.

I spent the next two weeks reading everything I could on the Evoque. I also told the dealer to call me the minute they got a 5-door in as I wanted to see one. I wanted to make sure I liked the look, and that the back seat would be ok for around town use. I figured if I liked it, I would place and order around Feb to get one exactly how I wanted it, as I figured this much money it best be exactly what I wanted.

I got the call Jan 26 around 1700 that they just unloaded two 5 doors at the dealer, but they closed at 1800 and its an hour away. So I told them I would be there in the morning. I was there when they opened. So was one other guy. Out front they had the 5 door Fuji white Prestige. It looked nice, but I knew I was ok, as it was all white and did not have all the options I wanted.

Then the salesman asked me to step into the show room, there sat the Dynamic, Fuji white with the Santorini Black top. Looked great! Then I looked at the build sheet, it was built exactly as I had built it on line five times with the exception of color. I was sure I wanted Indus Silver or Orkney Grey with the Black top. Took it for a drive. Fell in love with it. My wife told me she liked the Fuji white better than the other two colors I wanted. She said it matched my new Harley to a tee, as it is white on top and black on botom.

Asked the sales guy if he could hold it two hours for the wife and I to talk about it. I knew I was buying it, just not what I was trading, my car or the FJ.

So I bought it: Traded the FJ Cruiser
Dynamic
Fuji White with Santorini Black panoramic roof
Lunar Perforated grained leather interior
Style 6 sparkle alloy 20's
Ivory head liner
Climate Comfort
Adaptive Dynamic suspension
Sat and HD radio.

I really love the Evoque, never thought I would get a SUV for my Luxury car, but it was a great move. I put just over 800 miles on it before I had to head back off shore to work. Its going to be a long 28 days at work.

See less See more
#2 ·
Wow. Not one welcome to the forum. This is a first out of many forums I am on.:(

#6 ·
Welcome aboard Dave and congrats on the new Evoque! How's the visibility out of the rear compared to the FJ Cruiser? Be sure to post some pics!
The visibility out of the back of the Evoque is better than the FJ. The visibility out the side of the Evoque is WAY better than the FJ. My biggest complaint with the FJ was the two HUGE rear quarter blind spots. So I think the Evoque visibility is just Great.

#5 ·
Welcome Dave.
this forum is not very active so, any welcome is slow, or any posts for that matter.

But welcome.
I wanted to get the Dynmic but I guess I lack patience cuz I got what they had available at the dealership.
I was like you too, we needed another car and I was looking at Audi, BMW and MB. But the wife wasn't 100% on any of the choices available. Was going to wait for the new 3 series but then went to JLR next door from the BMW dealership, test drove it then all is history.

Sometimes I kick myself for not waiting to order the car exactly how I want it, but then I just love the car so much that, those thoughts fade away quickly.

Might wait for the performance version that might be coming out though to trade up, and again as stated on another thread, if they had manual option available then I will trade for it for sure.

#7 ·
Welcome Dave.
this forum is not very active so, any welcome is slow, or any posts for that matter.

But welcome.
I wanted to get the Dynmic but I guess I lack patience cuz I got what they had available at the dealership.
I was like you too, we needed another car and I was looking at Audi, BMW and MB. But the wife wasn't 100% on any of the choices available. Was going to wait for the new 3 series but then went to JLR next door from the BMW dealership, test drove it then all is history.

Sometimes I kick myself for not waiting to order the car exactly how I want it, but then I just love the car so much that, those thoughts fade away quickly.

Might wait for the performance version that might be coming out though to trade up, and again as stated on another thread, if they had manual option available then I will trade for it for sure.
I too would be very interested in a higher performance engine and manual trans.

I just never ever pictured myself driving a RR. Saw the TV commercial and had to go see one in person.

It is amazing the number of compliments I get on it, and the number of heads it turns.

I will have to post a couple pictures of it, that I took with my phone. I do not have any real good pictures of it yet. When I get home in 22 more days:cool:

#8 ·
Yeah congrats

I might just save my money and get a summer/weekend car, but again manuals are becoming few and far between. I'm really liking the look of the CX16 so hopefully JLR pulls through and makes a production version of it by end of 4Q 2012 as they stated. Then I can have the RRE for daily/winter driving, and the CX16 for weekend/summer driving.

I too am like you, I would have never thought of getting into an RRE. first saw it at the autoshow as the LRX concept. :D

#9 ·
Wow, that C-X16 is cool. Nothing about them offering that in the USA.:( I would love to sell me vette and get something like that.

My original plan was to sell my Impala and get a E550sedan or a 550i BMW sedan or a Caddy CTS-V. I was going to keep the FJ Cruiser. Frist week of December I saw a TV add for the Evoque and had to go see one, the body styling was so cool. After a test drive, I saw it was every bit as nice for the driver in the Evoque as the E550 or 550i, it was far more eye catching.

So I got the evoque. Plan is now, my wife wants to trade some time this summer the Impala for a Mini turbo 6 with the 6-speed manual.

#10 ·
Yeah the CX-16 would be within the Porsche Cayman price range if it ever makes it our way. But when there was talk of the XKR-S a year ago there was no news of it coming to North America. Well it's here, so we can expect to see the CX-16 here too eventually. I love Manuals but the KERS system on it is just so interesting and cool. I've always loved Jags, but when Ford bought them and brought the X-type over... oh man they made the brand go down hill.
But with the intro of the XF, the XJ and the new XK, they are getting back on track. There are two cars JLR will be bringing to market eventually just not sure when. The CX-16 and the CX75 But the latter is a supercar and will be ultra rare.

They plan on slotting the CX-16 below the XK in terms of it's price point so we'll see. Excited to find out what will come out of it.

Then again there are tons of concepts out that I would love to see the final production version.
The new NSX, the Infiniti concept, etc. I was really dissapointed with the final production model of the Scion FRS/BRZ Subbaru though. The concept was WAY nicer.

The wife said had the Scion FRS looked like the FT-86 concept then she'd have wanted that.
I told her about the Fiat 500 Abarth and she laughed at me. lol

#11 ·
I am going to keep watching the C-X16. If it comes in below the XK it might just be the ticket for a personal sports car. It looks killer. I have always liked Jags, when I was a kid the guy across the street had a late 60's XKE with the 12 in it.

The CX-75 is not in my price range. I do love it, mabe when one is used.

Jag would be wise to bring the C-X16 over here. I think it would sell well and help reestablish the brand reputation.

#12 ·
+1 OP.
the CX16 would be ideal. And the concept model is production ready. IF you look at the LRX concept and the RRE now, it's pretty close. So if they can bring the CX16 to North America and keep it as is, then yes it would be a personal sports car as well. The 75 is a supercar and will be rare and limited so I doubt that will be an option.

#13 ·
I had consider a Jaguar XF sedan a few years ago, but felt it was too much like a Ford. I like where they are going now. Hopefully quality will continue to improve. The looks and feel sure have improved. So if an C-X16 came to the states with similar quality and feels as the inside of my Evoque it would be very high on my list for a personal sports car to replace my vette. The style is modern but has enough cues of the old XKE to make my lust after one. What do you think for the C-X13 in the USA 2014?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.