Vibrating Mirror

Vibrating Mirror

This is a discussion on Vibrating Mirror within the Introductions forums, part of the Land Rover Evoque category; My 2015 Evoque dynamic has just developed an annoying vibration from the drivers side mirror (RHD) This manifests itswkf with a loud and VERY annoying ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Rsquared

Thread: Vibrating Mirror

Member #

Vibrating Mirror

My 2015 Evoque dynamic has just developed an annoying vibration from the drivers side mirror (RHD) This manifests itswkf with a loud and VERY annoying buzzing in the passengger compartment. I'm at present deep in France and am converned about driving home to the UK with this annoying vibration. Anyone else had this probem and is there a quick fix I can apply to get me home and to my dealer.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    My first choice would be to try and book into a Land Rover dealer in France. You're still under warranty, and any dealer should be willing to help you.

What you can do as a temporary fix, depends on what exactly is vibrating. If it is only the mirror cover, wrap some tape around the cover and see if that
    helps. If the whole mirror assembly is loose, then the interior window trim has to come of to get at the bolt that holds the mirror to the door, and not much you can do about that, as you are on vacation.

Good luck!

Member #
    Many thanks for that. I've tried your suggestion re the tape and have tried to 'jam' various things between the two parts but to no avail. If I have the time I'll get it to a Land Rover dealer in France. If I can't I'll just turn the music volume up til I get home!

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    The problem is solved! misdiagnosis I'm ashamed to admit. After yet another abortive attempt to cure this annoying vibration I noticed the rubber seal between the windscreen and the plastic trim surrounding the windscreen had come away from it's seating. It was that which was vibrating against the corner of the windscreen yet giving the impression that the vibration was coming from the mirror.
    Sorry to have troublled you guys - back in the UK now and off to the Land Rover dealer.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    StewieDee, As you had to be driving the car to get this vibration, easy to see why it would be hard to find. Not like you can have
    someone run alongside to see what it is. Glad you can now get it sorted.

No need to be sorry about the post, that's what forums are about, to try and help other members.
    lucky70 likes this.

Member #
    I do agree with Rsquared, no need to be sorry its a part of life, just charge it to experience.

Ads