New to site

New to site

This is a discussion on New to site within the Introductions forums, part of the Land Rover Evoque category; Hi all, I'm not actually an Evoque owner yet but I expect to be soon. I am looking at used Evoques (2013 to 2015)... I ...

Thread: New to site

Member #

New to site

Hi all,

I'm not actually an Evoque owner yet but I expect to be soon. I am looking at used Evoques (2013 to 2015)... I am actually going to look at one today (white exterior, black interior, Pure Premium, 2013), leaving in about an hour or so. I have already found great info on this website (specifically about installing both roof rails and a trailer hitch, which I would plan to do). My wife and I both really like the style of the Evoque - my only concern is cargo capacity which is why I am looking at the roof rails and hitch.

I'm coming off a BMW X3... nice but not as interesting as the Evoque (although definitely more cargo space). Before that we had the Infiniti FX35 (now called the QX70) which is comparable size-wise to the Evoque.

Thanks for posting all the helpful info on this site.

-Tony

2. # ADS
    Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Tony, Welcome to the forum.
    Good luck on your hunt for an Evoque of the color and spec, that you and your wife both like.

Member #
    Welcome. When I was shopping for a small suv, I liked the exterior design of the Evo more than the other choices in the segment. Still enjoying it after 2 years.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    It's a beautiful SUV, but cargo space is so limited. IF the rear was 2-4" longer it would be acceptable. The Discovery has just enough room but it's cheap interior and funky rear sides is a deal breaker for me. I owned a 2015 for 18 months and just sold it. Fienzie Red color. Loved the design, loved the handling, hated the limited space. If the throttle control was linear and I never got that tranny update that killed the downshifting, then I likely would have kept it.

Member #
    Just following up - last month we went to another dealership to look at another Evoque. Our only concern was the cargo size and, while at the dealership, we came across a Discovery Sport. Not quite as unique and cool looking as the Evoque but we really liked it. So we decided to go that route, just placed a custom order (yes, during that time we also decided to buy new rather than pre-owned).

Enjoy your Evoques!

Ads