New Evoque owner from CA and new to this site.

This is a discussion on New Evoque owner from CA and new to this site. within the Introductions forums, part of the Land Rover Evoque category; Hello all, I just purchased my 2012 Evoque Pure Coupe a week ago and I'm loving it! I haven't owned a vehicle I love in ...

Member #

Hello all,

I just purchased my 2012 Evoque Pure Coupe a week ago and I'm loving it! I haven't owned a vehicle I love in quite a while. My last love was a 2001 Isuzu Vehicross which I loved adding mods to. Alas as a limited production vehicle parts were hard to come by. My new Evoque is a classed up version of my last love with all the styling and every bell and whistle I could ask for. I see lots of room for improvement with some additional mods. I look forward to seeing what you all have done to your Evoques to give me inspiration. I'm always open to advise. I'll post some pictures soon.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Erland, Welcome to the forum!

Always nice to see owner's pictures.

Member #
    Welcome! Hope you like it here.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Not much available for performance mods for the Evoque spec Ford Ecoboost 2.0. I replaced the OEM air filter with a K&N which gives a little better throttle response. Its to your advantage to have the 6 rather than the later 9 speed transmission. The tansmission response could be better. If your manually shift aggressively with the paddles there is a learning curve to the transmission, and once learned the transmission becomes a bit more responsive in auto mode. i never used anything but Sport mode except for highway cruising. ECU piggybacks are available but earlier owner reviews couldn't confirm an improvement. The stock Continentals have a tendency to easily puncture. I would replace them with Michelin Latitude HP3s.

Member #
    Being in So. Ca. where everyone is going 30mph on the 101 freeway (and parked n the 405) performance mods are a laugh. Besides, what I have found from the modern motorcycle world is "performance" mods usually make the vehicle run worse. However, the car lends itself very nicely to "visual" mods.

Ads