Carplay

Carplay

This is a discussion on Carplay within the Introductions forums, part of the Land Rover Evoque category; Hi all I’ve got a 2017 evoque which does not seem to support apple carplay. Has anyone managed this ?...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Gman

Thread: Carplay

Member #

Carplay

Hi all I’ve got a 2017 evoque which does not seem to support apple carplay. Has anyone managed this ?

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    JLR currently does not offer Carplay or Android Auto. For what it's worth, I've ordered a "video in motion" box which should allow mirroring a smartphone using the hdmi input. To me Carplay is useless because it doesn't support either Google Maps or Waze.

Member #

Apple CarPlay Plan B

Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
    Hi all I’ve got a 2017 evoque which does not seem to support apple carplay. Has anyone managed this ?
    I own a MY17 too — asking the same question a year ago... You are SOL and stuck with the factory set-up. What I did instead is used a dedicated iPod Touch and USB cable to connect directly into the factory OEM system. You can load the LR Apps on the iPod Touch as well as play your iTunes play list(s), Pandora, PodCasts and so forth. The trick is you have to activate the mobile HOTSPOT Wi-Fi feature (AT&T) or you can also opt to use your own Mobile Wi-Fi and link to your iPod Touch.

This configuration allowed me to keep my iPhone free and untethered...while keeping a dedicated iPod / USB cable linked to the LR Control Console...
    Sonomadoug likes this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    NaviPlus is offering a caplay/android auto retrofit for the Evoque

Anyone has tested it and could review it ?

thanks,
    Leo.

Member #
    Hi, if you have the touch pro system (larger screen) you can now get apple car play and android auto installed.

Ads