First time RR owner & first car!

First time RR owner & first car!

This is a discussion on First time RR owner & first car! within the Introductions forums, part of the Land Rover Evoque category; Hey everyone! I just recently purchased my first vehicle; yes, being almost 28, I'm a bit late to the game, but I'm also from a ...

Member #

Red face First time RR owner & first car!

Hey everyone!

I just recently purchased my first vehicle; yes, being almost 28, I'm a bit late to the game, but I'm also from a big city...owning a vehicle isn't really necessary.

I've LOVED the Evoque for years and now I'm proud to be able to have one of my own. It's a 2015 Dynamic (petrol engine) with 57,000kms on it. I'm hoping that I'll be able to get a lot of knowledge and help from the community (when needed).

Any insight or tips for a first time RR owner are greatly appreciated!

Below are some pictures of my beauty:

Name:  Ellie.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  163.5 KBName:  Ellie2.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  172.6 KB
    Name:  Ellie3.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  368.4 KB
    2015 Evoque Dynamic package: Fuji white with black leather interior, body colour roof (soon to be gloss black), 19" 2014 glass black rims (came with the vehicle *eye roll*) and chrome emblems...which will be carbon fibre.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Welcome to the forum!

Hope you are enjoying your new ride.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Rsquared View Post
    Welcome to the forum!

Hope you are enjoying your new ride.
    Thank you!

I definitely am, the dual clutch takes a bit to get used to, but I think I'm getting the hand of it!
    2015 Evoque Dynamic package: Fuji white with black leather interior, body colour roof (soon to be gloss black), 19" 2014 glass black rims (came with the vehicle *eye roll*) and chrome emblems...which will be carbon fibre.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Surprised to hear you have a manual transmission, can't get an Evoque in the US with a manual, only offered here with the automatic.

Member #
    They don't sell them with dual clutch... Or manual tranny in North America.
    It's just a high-tech 9 speed slushbox

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by wungun View Post
    They don't sell them with dual clutch... Or manual tranny in North America.
    It's just a high-tech 9 speed slushbox

Not manual, but it is a 9 speed dual-clutch automatic transmission. Look it up, it's made by ZF.

https://www.evo.co.uk/news/evonews/2...er_evoque.html

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Rsquared View Post
    Surprised to hear you have a manual transmission, can't get an Evoque in the US with a manual, only offered here with the automatic.
    Not a manual, it's automatic. But the new 9 speed that they pumped out has a dual-clutch built in.

Member #
    Fella's, it's not a dual clutch in the way you think it is... It's fully automatic like the 6 speed.
    Not dual clutch manual, controlled by a PCM to make the shifts automatic.

Member #
    Congrats on your new ride, you will enjoy it! Based on my Dynamic experience, (Sold this year), it was a pleasure to own and drive.

Mechanically, conduct the various routine maintenance (oil changes, anti-freeze change-filters-wipers, religiously, and it will serve you well throughout ownership. Don't be overly concerned about the occasional electrical gremlins, (service messages). Most will reset, however, it's i
    mportant to find a local, trustworthy, mechanic,
    and learn the idiosyncrasies of your machine. The 2.0 4-liter engine is bullet-proof, the trans was very capable in all types of weather, and lived up the Rover reputation.

Overall, should be a very economical, low maintenance, solid, enjoyable daily driver. However all cars and your driving may differ so...….YMMV, and YEMV!

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Rovage View Post
    Congrats on your new ride, you will enjoy it! Based on my Dynamic experience, (Sold this year), it was a pleasure to own and drive.

Mechanically, conduct the various routine maintenance (oil changes, anti-freeze change-filters-wipers, religiously, and it will serve you well throughout ownership. Don't be overly concerned about the occasional electrical gremlins, (service messages). Most will reset, however, it's i
    mportant to find a local, trustworthy, mechanic,
    and learn the idiosyncrasies of your machine. The 2.0 4-liter engine is bullet-proof, the trans was very capable in all types of weather, and lived up the Rover reputation.

Overall, should be a very economical, low maintenance, solid, enjoyable daily driver. However all cars and your driving may differ so...….YMMV, and YEMV!
    Thank you! My fiance and I love it so far. It hasn't given us any issues and it's still covered under factory warranty until May 2019. The only crummy thing is that it didn't come with a second key and we were quoted at LR for $600 (part and labour) - yikes!

Ads