Hello from Philly

Hello from Philly

This is a discussion on Hello from Philly within the Introductions forums, part of the Land Rover Evoque category; Want to first thank all the posters. I have been skulking around for a month and a lot of valuable comments and posts got me ...

Member #

Hello from Philly

Want to first thank all the posters. I have been skulking around for a month and a lot of valuable comments and posts got me off the fence two weeks ago. I picked up a Baltic blue prestige. It was hard to say goodbye to the X5 but it has been worth it. The only bust is lack of space for cargo. Will be picking up a Thule or Yakima cargo box this weekend for those trips that need the space. Wish we had a flush mount hitch too. This extended member that LR is selling is not attractive. Paid a lot less than msrp and got free install on the roof rack in the price. I am thinking it was a good time to buy. Wondering about 325? T'is my plate# and was on my first BMW. thanks all for being helpfull!!! This is the best looking and most fun to drive car I have owned so far.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    Congratulations on your purchase. I have had my dynamic for about six weeks and it drives so well. What discount did you get off MSRP..I only got $500 off..not much of a discount but got financing at 2.9%.

Member #
    I got $3800 off MSRP on my dynamic and 1.9% financing for 60 months on the balance.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    $3800 is a nice chunk of change! I can't beat that. We split the invoice and msrp in half plus they sold me the roof rack and rail at cost and installed for free. Overall roughly $2700. I was shocked that they budged.

Member #
    Welcome to the Forum. sounds like you worked out a good deal.

2012 Dynamic 5 door, Fuji White and Santorini black top, Lunar interior Style 6 sparkle rims, Climate comfort, adaptive dynamic, Sat and HD radio
    2012 Custom Vehicle Operations, FLTRXSE Harley Davidson Roadglide White Gold Pearl and Starfire Black
    2013 Custom Vehicle Operations, FLHRSE5 Harley Davidson Road King an ultra-premium Diamond Dust, Obsidian and Palladium paint scheme, 110th Anniversary Edition.

Member #
    Thx, can't wait to see how the values old up.....

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by 325 View Post
    Thx, can't wait to see how the values old up.....
    When I was car shopping I was a bit uneasy about KBB projecting my Evoque was going to lose about 40% value in the first year (or as I drove off the lot) and would be down to 50% after two years. I hope their estimates are just bad guesses due to being a new model. Obviously I ignored them, but if they don't get a few of the problems fixed it might be an omen.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by cousin.it View Post
    When I was car shopping I was a bit uneasy about KBB projecting my Evoque was going to lose about 40% value in the first year (or as I drove off the lot) and would be down to 50% after two years. I hope their estimates are just bad guesses due to being a new model. Obviously I ignored them, but if they don't get a few of the problems fixed it might be an omen.
    Purchasing an Evoque doesn't sound encouraging after looking at that projection graph. I checkout that info about the Evoque and the KBB Editors' Overview made this statement in the pricing notes.

KBB Pricing Notes
    Products from Land Rover tend to suffer from below average residual values, a trend we expect to be somewhat tempered by the Evoque's strong desirability.

I also checkout the Pure Coupe residual value and it lost about 37% of it's value after the first year compared to Edmunds.com showing it only lost about 25.8%. I couldn't find the residual value of the Dynamic Coupe on Edmunds.com.

Ads