Hello from the Car Capital of the World

This is a discussion on Hello from the Car Capital of the World within the Introductions forums, part of the Land Rover Evoque category; Los Angeles California, more specifically Santa Monica Not 100% true, just wanted to draw you in. I have been researching, test driving and reading up ...

Member #

Los Angeles California, more specifically Santa Monica

Not 100% true, just wanted to draw you in. I have been researching,
    test driving and reading up for several months and have now determined
    what for me will be a blast to drive. I first saw this at the 2011 LA Auto
    Show and fell in love with the tan interior on the prestige. But then after
    sitting in a Dynamic. I had made my mind up, well I just changed my mind
    again and am back to the prestige in a color interior I can hide scuffs with easier.

So after much gut wrenching determination and sleepless nights I have settled on the
    middle photo above : 2013 Fuji White in the Prestige model with A Black Santori Top, and
    stock wheels in the new sparkle finish. The Oxford ebony leather will hide my messiness,
    while I listen to Howard Stern. I would like to add a tow hitch and have gotten
    numerous quotes installed, with just 1658 to 3500 payload, I will only be able to pull
    my Spyder. But on second thought that's all I wanted to pull. Anyone on here have the tow hitch?

Now the big question is when I can order one of these puppies

woops wrong picture, That is my little girl DooLittle who is just as excited as i am.
    She loves to shop. I mean I want a 2013 Evoque ASAP. I keep getting various
    stories from the dealerships. I'm thinking I better shop at a high volume dealership
    that gets the proper allocation or I could be sitting on the sidelines waiting for quite a while.
    What has been all of your experience. For anyone with a 2012 most likely learned so
    much in a demanding initial production year with a hot good looking ride.

TicketBait

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    Welcome to the Forum. Nice color choice. I agree, you need to know the dealer has a loyt allocated or you could be waiting quite a while.

2012 Dynamic 5 door, Fuji White and Santorini black top, Lunar interior Style 6 sparkle rims, Climate comfort, adaptive dynamic, Sat and HD radio
    2012 Custom Vehicle Operations, FLTRXSE Harley Davidson Roadglide White Gold Pearl and Starfire Black
    2013 Custom Vehicle Operations, FLHRSE5 Harley Davidson Road King an ultra-premium Diamond Dust, Obsidian and Palladium paint scheme, 110th Anniversary Edition.

Member #
    Is there a way to find out who is a dealership with a big allocation in California? I am just guessing, but i think the Encino CA. dealership has 30 2012's on their lot and the Santa Monica Dealership that is just a stones throw away has only 4. There are 20 dealerships within 100 miles of me.

2nd question is when does Landrover update there build on the computer to reflect 2013's?

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Land Rover restricts your choices of dealerships by zip code. Check with Encino, tell them you live in Santa Monica and see what happens. BTW, your local dealer can get any car that Encino has. They do it all the time. The update should happen in Sept. sometime. Enjoy your new ride!!
    on the Coast
    2012 RR Evoque Dynamic Coupe, Ipanima Sand / Sadly gone!
    2008 Audi S6 V10 "The Beast" (For Sale)
    2014 Audi S6 V8T Quartz Grey Metallic / Balck
    2013 Porsche Boxster for my wife!

Member #
    Thanks very much for your response. The Santa Monica dealership has shown me there order for the exact vehicle I want, and they have up till Sept /12/12 to change it , with a build date of Oct. 12th 2012 and delivery by November 27th. Does that sound right?

They have as yet to confirm the price and they are putting the order in with my black roof and Black headliner for the prestige. But I don't think I can get black Headliner except on the dynamic.

Ads