Hello From Northeast Pa

Hello From Northeast Pa

This is a discussion on Hello From Northeast Pa within the Introductions forums, part of the Land Rover Evoque category; Hello everyone having been lurking for a while and just recently picked of a Firenze Red Dynamic 5 door and all I can say is ...

Member #

Hello From Northeast Pa

Hello everyone having been lurking for a while and just recently picked of a Firenze Red Dynamic 5 door and all I can say is wow what a car easy to drive and fun as heck. Had a tough time to come to getting the Evoque and actually feel it was a little of Fate that brought me to purchasing.

Cliff Notes
    Looked at a lot of cars, Dealt with crappy car salesmen ended up finding evoque on a lot that wasn't a normal dealer fell in love bought the car

Back story

Had a 2010 Toyota 4 runner limited that was getting absolutely horrible gas mileage 14-15 highway and it was decided it needed to go (possibly because of the larger off road tires it had but if you saw the original 20inch wheels on those things it was about pathetic) Other than that it was an awesome vehicle to own had zero issues in the 2-1/2 years of ownership but as always good things come to end.

So the process was started on looking for a replacement. The obvious start for me anyway was Lexus since its basically Toyota. Had the Rx350 in mind. Nice car very luxurious looking a lot of options to be had. Ill come back to this car a little farther into the story.

2nd range rover evoque built one on the website and when it brought of dealerships close to me it sent me to a dealer in the Philly area(no idea why the one in Allentown PA didn't come up). I send an email asking for the best price on a car i found to be on there lot. Sales manager emails me back and says we don't do business that way and if you can't come in then we wish the best of luck in your purchase elsewhere (instant bad taste in my mouth ) this dealer was 200 miles from my house so not something I am going to take a 4 hr road trip to find out the dealer wont deal. So i put this car off the list and moved on

3rd bmw x3 looked at them liked the interior hated the exterior look but had a dealer within 10 miles of my house closest out of everything I looked at by 50 miles plus so they had an advantage. once again a lot of great features but couldn't get over the looks so I decided to not pursue it

Now back to the Rx350 during my research I found the the 2013 came out in April (kind of weird for because it was so early in the year) well I started looking at the closest dealer to my house and there was one in wilkesbarre Pa (50-60 Miles away) which actually had a 2012 450h which is the the hybrid version , unless you can get a lot of the MSRP its not worth it because the savings in fuel would take about 10 years to pay off because of the cost difference. There asking price was less than a fully loaded 13 350 so I was instantly interested. Never driving the car I started talking to the dealer and even set up an appointment for 2 days later to come look. The day comes I drive all the way over and pull in to the lot to see the car with a sold sticker on it. I was instantly angry not because the car was sold but because this dealer didn't have the courtesy to contact me to let me know it was a sold a sales men comes out and says oh yeah we've been expecting you. I said the car has a sold sticker in the window he replies oh yeah it sold this morning. Hey how about a 13 I get in my car and start to drive home when I pass an infinity dealership decided i drove this far gonna stop and look (ok so maybe I told the sales men where he could stick his 13).

Anyway I'm looking at the fx35 and a super cool salesmen comes out named David we spend about an hour going over the car and he is showing me everything about the car and I start telling him some of my bad luck with other dealerships/brands. He then informs me his dealership has a store in Allentown Pa that sells Range Rovers and in fact they had one out back that they didn't show unless someone specifically asked for the car. I walked out back and there she was all shined up and ready to go. I knew from the moment I actually saw the evoque I wanted it. I spent another hour looking and driving and fell even more in love with the car. Got to give David mad props because he spent a lot of time going over everything and didn't seem to mind at all. So after a day and a half of haggling a little bit over the price I was able to close the deal.(I know your thinking he's a salesmen and its his job, but Ive dealt with so many crappy car salesmen it was very refreshing to have one know his products and enjoy selling them). I even thought about sending the Lexus salesmen a thank you card for being so crappy because without him I wouldn't have ended up with my sweet ride

Sorry for the long winded intro I look forward to many years of ownership and being an active member on the forum.

Brian

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    Welcome to the forum. Congratulations on your new Dynamic.

Do you have the adaptive dynamic suspension option in it?

I have had mine since Jan and really like it.

I traded an FJ Cruiser for mine,

2012 Dynamic 5 door, Fuji White and Santorini black top, Lunar interior Style 6 sparkle rims, Climate comfort, adaptive dynamic, Sat and HD radio
    2012 Custom Vehicle Operations, FLTRXSE Harley Davidson Roadglide White Gold Pearl and Starfire Black
    2013 Custom Vehicle Operations, FLHRSE5 Harley Davidson Road King an ultra-premium Diamond Dust, Obsidian and Palladium paint scheme, 110th Anniversary Edition.

Member #
    No it doesn't. Its one of those options that wasnt a deal breaker for me . Does it improve the on road handling or more of the off road like it says on the website

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Welcome! I believe it firms up the ride so handling improves. Some reports that the ride gets too harsh for them however(comfort vs handling is often a trade off so that isn't surprising)

Member #
    It firms up the ride, and greatly reduces the body roll in fast tight corners. I think it is great on tight twisty mountain roads. Not sure about off road, as a gravel drive is the worst mine has been on LOL.

2012 Dynamic 5 door, Fuji White and Santorini black top, Lunar interior Style 6 sparkle rims, Climate comfort, adaptive dynamic, Sat and HD radio
    2012 Custom Vehicle Operations, FLTRXSE Harley Davidson Roadglide White Gold Pearl and Starfire Black
    2013 Custom Vehicle Operations, FLHRSE5 Harley Davidson Road King an ultra-premium Diamond Dust, Obsidian and Palladium paint scheme, 110th Anniversary Edition.

Ads