Range Rover Snobs???

Range Rover Snobs???

This is a discussion on Range Rover Snobs??? within the Off-Topic forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; So I first went to RangeRovers.net for a forum, which is when I stumbled across this better forum for Evoque people. But either way why ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Range Rover Snobs???

Member #

Question Range Rover Snobs???

So I first went to RangeRovers.net for a forum, which is when I stumbled across this better forum for Evoque people. But either way why are Range Rover owners talking so much sh*t about the Evoque? They keep saying it's not a "real" Range Rover and should've been called the Land Rover Evoque? I think they're just jealous there's a new kid on the block and it's extremely hot right now, at least that's what I think. Don't get me wrong I love the Range Rover and the RR Sport, but they're a little more expensive then I wanted to spend and the gas mileage sucks in comparison to the Evoque. I already have a car that barely gets 15 MPG Highway, if I'm lucky, so getting a RRS was just unreasonable. Plus you see a RR/RRS like every 10 minutes, pending on where you are, so the Evoque is rare and special, for now. I have yet to see another Evoque since my purchase a few weeks ago and I really like that! Anyway I wanted to know why the RRand RRS owners have so much crap to talk about a new ride in the line-up? Can anyone answer me this? Oh and FYI these are the same people who about 6 years ago when the RR Sport came out they claimed THAT wasn't a "real" Range Rove!!! Hahahaha. It's completely ridiculous. I really don't see what all the fuss is about and I had no clue they were soooooooo sensitive about a new Range to the line-up! That's why I deleted my account there and am only a member her, where I belong, I guess. What do you think about that?
    Last edited by JAMZEVO248; 01-23-2012 at 12:47 AM.
    dascrow likes this.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    the rest of the Range Rover/Land Rover crowd are jealous that our cars look so good and theirs now look old school.

paul

Member #
    I completely agree man. How was your trip?

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by JAMZEVO248 View Post
    I completely agree man. How was your trip?

great trip...i put a few pics up in a thread called "1344 miles in two days".

p

Member #
    I had a brief exchange over there where a UK (natch) poster was saying it cheapened the line. I pointed out that until BMW and then Ford stepped in the whole LR line was a steaming heap of shit. They're still filling their diapers over that one. The True Believers hate getting busted for the fact that all major UK car lines had to be taken away from them because they couldn't make them work. Actually, of course, they've become global cars with powerful UK brand value -- which is terrific. But, they can't see it that way.

Ironically, a friend of mine -- who is a well known English film director -- collects Range Rovers. He's shopping for an Evoke to replace his FFR.
    Last edited by scrannel; 08-17-2013 at 10:31 PM.

Member #
    Yesterday I had the pleasure of parking my white Evoque next to a new white RR sport. I don't know what the RR owner thought, but I'm sure that lots of people in the lot gave them both a good look-over.

Member #
    The real Fan Boys hate change. I had a FFR (and my wife has a sport), but really found it to be a pain parking in Los Angeles. I think the Evoque is another example of how, if the "original factory" had been left to their own devices, they would have sunk the company. Again. They are selling so many Evoques the factory is running a 24 hour shift and the revenue has actually positively impacted the UK GNP. But hey... it sucks...

Member #
    I was getting gas the other day and a person came up to me and told me he was interested in the Evoque and said he LOVED mine. He then pointed to his ride parked a half block away...it was a large Range Rover..not all are snobs!

Member #
    You get two types of LR people in the States: car enthusiasts and people looking to buy status. The enthusiasts get the Evoque. Look, we let the Jeep line totally go to crap. First Mercedes, then Fiat bought the "brand". The new Jeep, owned by Fiat, is a fantastic car (my son just bought one). In fact it's so good, it's Fiat's best selling car in their entire range. You know, Ian Flemming (author of the 007 books, of course), who could drive anything he wanted, owned two Ford Thunderbirds and a Studebaker Avanti. Why? Because, unlike English cars of the day, when you got up in the morning and went outside... they'd start.

Member #
    To be honest, the Evoque is what got me looking at Range Rover products. If I didn't have 2 kids and another one on the way I would have one in my garage by now! I'm now leaning towards the new 2014 Range Rover Sport (that looks similar to the Evoque).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads