Do any of you frequent any other forums?

This is a discussion on Do any of you frequent any other forums? within the Off-Topic forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; Hey, Just wondering I am an avid fan of motor vehicles and a member of a few forums. I find them to be very entertaining ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Do any of you frequent any other forums?

Member #

Hey,

Just wondering I am an avid fan of motor vehicles and a member of a few forums. I find them to be very entertaining and certainly a great way to spend work hours. I think I will spend many hours in here since it is a pretty new forum and I feel like it could increase in volume soon.

I am a member of:

Ducati.ms (very active forum)
    Lotustalk.com
    Georgiasportbikes.com
    thumpertalk.com

Other interests:

mw3forums.com (some people might know what it is)
    Rolexforums.com
    and a few gun forums (do not frequent as much)

anybody here frequent other forums?

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    I frequent other forums a lot. I used to be on Range Rovers.net but stopped using them cuz they're snobs and found this Evoque Forum and just stay on here for my Evoque. I have a 03 Mustang SVT Cobra, so I am part of SVTPerformance.com and ModularFords.com. I also have a 2009 Honda CBR600RR so I am on 600RR.net. I used to have a 2004 BMW M3 so I am still on M3FORUMS.net, and I just got rid of my Harley and used to go on various Harley Forums as well. Some forums are better than others but it depends on how the other people are on them ya know? I have a boat load of guns and weapons too but I'm not on any forums, I didn't even think about that, funny. I gotta check that out, I go to a few ranges quite often. Let me know which gun forums you're on I would definitely like to check them out for sure.
    exigejoe likes this.

Member #
    I know I used to check ar15.com/forum and Georgia outdoor news GON.com which is a hunting forum. Now that I am gunless I dont really visit anymore and even forgot my username. I'll get some soon enough but moving had me selling them. It is very true that lots of forums differ from each other. With no doubt that the best forum ive ever been part of has been ducati.ms. There is sooooo much info and people just go in to start random threads and just have daily conversations. traffic is huge and when you post it doesnt take more 5 minutes to get a response.

This is the first forum that Ive been part of that is fairly new and I like that. It is different to be in a forum since the beggining than to go in when everything is set and everybody knows each other. I just hope this forum picks up and gets lots of activity. right now I only have the ducati, call of duty and the evoque so that is what I visit. Ive found out that the forums that really pick up and go are for very narrow niche markets. people that are very dedicated to a specific thing. Hopefully people will feel that way about the evoque even though its more of a regular car than a ferrari or lotus perse.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    I am a car collector so I am on a few enthsuaist forums....i too visit Lotustalk.com (don't post much, just use as a resource) for

I also belong to a Ferrari forum, Fiat forum, Subaru forum, Suzuki Alto Works forum, JDM forum, Tuner forum, Racing forum, Aircooled VW and Porsche forum.

This forum is the only one i moderate.
    paul

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianEvoque View Post
    i too visit Lotustalk.com (don't post much, just use as a resource) for

This forum is the only one i moderate.
    paul
    Cool stuff. I cant see if you posted a pic due to work restrictions but I am assuming you did. Is the pic on your avatar an esprit S1?

Also, I am thinking about starting my own forum. Seeing how you are a new moderator may I ask how does this thing work? not detailed stuff just if it is time consuming and is it worth the investment and what not.
    Current toys:

White 2010 Ducati Streetfighter
    White 2012 Range Rover Evoque (Pure Premium)
    White 2011 Fiat 500 (lounge) Fiancee's toy

Previous cool toys:

Orange 2007 Lotus elise w/ aftermarket SC kit
    2008 Ducati S4Rs tricolore
    2008 Ducati 848
    2007 Ducati S2R1000

Member #
    Be sure to check out Ducati.org if you're looking for a good Ducati Forum! Much better site! I've been bitten by the Ducati bug and can't wait for the new StreetFighter 848 to come out.

Member #
    Here's a list of some quality and active gun forums that I know of:

XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source!
    Colt Forum
    Taurus Firearms Forum - TaurusArmed.net / Taurus Guns
    Smith And Wesson Forums
    Marlin Firearms Forum
    FN Forum / FN Gun Forums
    DefensiveCarry Concealed Carry Forum

Just to name a few

Quote Originally Posted by JAMZEVO248 View Post
    I frequent other forums a lot. I used to be on Range Rovers.net but stopped using them cuz they're snobs and found this Evoque Forum and just stay on here for my Evoque. I have a 03 Mustang SVT Cobra, so I am part of SVTPerformance.com and ModularFords.com. I also have a 2009 Honda CBR600RR so I am on 600RR.net. I used to have a 2004 BMW M3 so I am still on M3FORUMS.net, and I just got rid of my Harley and used to go on various Harley Forums as well. Some forums are better than others but it depends on how the other people are on them ya know? I have a boat load of guns and weapons too but I'm not on any forums, I didn't even think about that, funny. I gotta check that out, I go to a few ranges quite often. Let me know which gun forums you're on I would definitely like to check them out for sure.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by lsberrios1 View Post
    I know I used to check ar15.com/forum and Georgia outdoor news GON.com which is a hunting forum. Now that I am gunless I dont really visit anymore and even forgot my username. I'll get some soon enough but moving had me selling them. It is very true that lots of forums differ from each other. With no doubt that the best forum ive ever been part of has been ducati.ms. There is sooooo much info and people just go in to start random threads and just have daily conversations. traffic is huge and when you post it doesnt take more 5 minutes to get a response.

This is the first forum that Ive been part of that is fairly new and I like that. It is different to be in a forum since the beggining than to go in when everything is set and everybody knows each other. I just hope this forum picks up and gets lots of activity. right now I only have the ducati, call of duty and the evoque so that is what I visit. Ive found out that the forums that really pick up and go are for very narrow niche markets. people that are very dedicated to a specific thing. Hopefully people will feel that way about the evoque even though its more of a regular car than a ferrari or lotus perse.
    I love Ducati's and when I was looking into purchasing a sport bike, "Crotch Rocket", I wanted a Ducati 848 but they were just so uncomfortable because you're constantly in that aggressive, racing position at all times, I just knew from my previous experiences of riding sport bikes I would hate being in that position all the time. Don't get me wrong I love Ducati and what they stand for and how they're like the Ferrari of bike but I just couldn't do it. I ended up with my Honda CBR600RR, that bike is amazing and fits me like a glove, plus I knew it was cheaper and easier to modify and make a little more unique. The 600RR has plenty of power, some people ask me why I didn't get a 1000RR but I don't need that much power, plus I like my life and didn't wanna go to the extreme and wipe out cuz I wanted a bigger badder bike? Ya know? Anyway Thanks for the heads up on the gun forums, my dad has an original 1970 Colt AR-15, I use it on occasion since he never uses it, fun gun for sure. I've been into western style weapons as of late and just got a new Henry Repeating Lever Action Rifle about a month ago, now that is a fun rifle also. I'm also looking into Single Action Revolvers right now too, western style of course. I would love to get an original Colt .45 Single Action, but it's more of a collectors piece and I know I would never use it, so I'm gonna go with a modern style replica, maybe a Ruger or something who knows? But definitely keep me posted on what else you get into and any other forums to check out, sounds like we got some things in common. Thanks man............................J

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by lsberrios1 View Post
    Cool stuff. I cant see if you posted a pic due to work restrictions but I am assuming you did. Is the pic on your avatar an esprit S1?

Also, I am thinking about starting my own forum. Seeing how you are a new moderator may I ask how does this thing work? not detailed stuff just if it is time consuming and is it worth the investment and what not.

'78 S2 Esprit and recently sold a Lotus Europa Special... the Chapman era Loti handling has been unmatched since his passing in 82 IMO.... I may pick up the new Esprit when it arrives.

I am not the one to ask about forum management...I am an old fart just learning the moderation ropes.... i just wing it and any spam posts i spot get deleted.... and so far no major troll issues to deal with.

Paul

Member #
    Thanks man, I'm definitely gonna check out the Colt forum for sure. I'll take a look at the others too. I'm interested in the Carry Weapon forum and I'm actually in the process of getting my CCW. It's easy where I live. My friends in other states have told me their nightmare stories of what they had to go through to get their CCW's as well as the costs. It's a $19 Money order, a 2 page application and just 2 small letters of recommendation from non-family members and a 1X1 passport photo, and they do the rest. All you do is sit back and wait 4-8 weeks, you either get a CCW in the mail or a Declined notice. But as long as you don't have any crazy stuff pop up in your past you should be in the clear, so I should be alright. Looking forward to it, hopefully I won't have to use it but it's nice to know it's there, ya know? Thanks Everyone.
    Always Ready for Fun and Adventure
    2012 Range Rover Evoque Dynamic
    2003 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra, Fully Modded 550HP+
    2009 Honda CBR600RR Modded
    2010 Harley Nightster Totaled.....
    2004 BMW M3 Coupe Sold.....
    1965-68 Ford Mustang Fastback......Wanted and Looking to buy LMK

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads