Save The Manuals!!!!!

Save The Manuals!!!!!

This is a discussion on Save The Manuals!!!!! within the Off-Topic forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; So I have a subscription to Car and Driver and they have this Article about how most new cars don't offer a traditional manual transmission. ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Izzy

Thread: Save The Manuals!!!!!

Member #

Question Save The Manuals!!!!!

So I have a subscription to Car and Driver and they have this Article about how most new cars don't offer a traditional manual transmission. I wanted to know what everyone thinks about this and if they think people should know how to drive stick or if some cars should have stick shift? I know my first ride was a 1988 Ford F-150 with an inline six, 4X4 and a 5 speed manual. Although I had a few dirtbikes before I drove, so I kinda had the concept of a manual transmission down pat. But the point is a lot of cars made today are going more and more with the paddle shifting automated-manual gearboxes. I think it's a great Technology but some cars should come with a Traditional Manual Gearbox, and that's what I wanna know. Should you have the option or not? Is Technology taking over too much? Are we losing control of our own automobiles?

Look at Ferrari......that's a true sports car, and there's only 1 model right now that offers a manual trans and soon you won't be able to get it? Some cars should have to come with manuals in my opinion and I want to know what everyone is thinking on this matter. Thanks. AND SAVE THE MANUALS!!!!!!!
    Last edited by JAMZEVO248; 01-26-2012 at 07:25 PM.
    Always Ready for Fun and Adventure
    2012 Range Rover Evoque Dynamic
    2003 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra, Fully Modded 550HP+
    2009 Honda CBR600RR Modded
    2010 Harley Nightster Totaled.....
    2004 BMW M3 Coupe Sold.....
    1965-68 Ford Mustang Fastback......Wanted and Looking to buy LMK

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    I wish I could get the Evoque in a manual. This will be my first car in 10 years (3 cars) that is an auto. And yes, I think we are losing touch with the true driving experience without the manual trans.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Member #
    I love manuals. What I don't like is when you talk to a dealer about a manual (in a car that doesn't offer one) they all give you a line about how new autos are just as fuel efficient as manuals and can shift faster than a manual. I don't know who those are selling points for, but for me, the manual was all about control. I want personal control over the shifting; I don't want the car to do it for me, even if it really can do it better. Having said that, I am getting a US-spec Evoque, which doesn't offer a manual .

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    My wife and I both like Manuals. Until we bought the Evoque, at least one of our cars or trucks had a manual. The FJ Crusier we traded had a manaul, and we love it, it shifted so smooth. I would have loved a turbo diesel manual equipped Evoque.

2012 Dynamic 5 door, Fuji White and Santorini black top, Lunar interior Style 6 sparkle rims, Climate comfort, adaptive dynamic, Sat and HD radio
    2012 Custom Vehicle Operations, FLTRXSE Harley Davidson Roadglide White Gold Pearl and Starfire Black
    2013 Custom Vehicle Operations, FLHRSE5 Harley Davidson Road King an ultra-premium Diamond Dust, Obsidian and Palladium paint scheme, 110th Anniversary Edition.

Member #
    Manual vehicles give the driver a richer and more connected driving experience in my opinion. Automatics have their place for the daily stop-and-go traffic grind though. Out of the 11 vehicles I've had, only 4 have been automatics. Nothing is more satisfying than a perfect heel-toe out of a turn And no, paddle shifters don't count :P
    Evocurious likes this.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
    Manual vehicles give the driver a richer and more connected driving experience in my opinion. Automatics have their place for the daily stop-and-go traffic grind though. Out of the 11 vehicles I've had, only 4 have been automatics. Nothing is more satisfying than a perfect heel-toe out of a turn And no, paddle shifters don't count :P
    +1 to ALL of that

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Member #
    I had a Disco I with the 3.9 litre and a manual trans. Loved it. Offroading and on road.

Ads