Looking to buy Disco II any suggestions

This is a discussion on Looking to buy Disco II any suggestions within the Off-Topic forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; Hello all, Just looking around to buy a Disco II and found 2 that can fit my budget. 1) 2004 with 164K Km on it ...

Member #

Hello all,

Just looking around to buy a Disco II and found 2 that can fit my budget.
    1) 2004 with 164K Km on it 7 seater. 4.6 V8 i believe. - here in NA we only had the petrol engine

Or
    2) 2002 with 191k Km on it. I believe this one got 4.0 v8 in it

Both are SE trims. Both same price? I want to know if anyone have any suggestions of what to look for in buying those! Am looking at it as a second car, as i still have my Evoque coupe

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by AAA86; 03-23-2015 at 10:55 AM.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    The 04 will be the better car off road for sure due to the factory installed CDL. Now that being said you can always retrofit the 02 with the CDL. The 04 with the 4.6 has known issues with the cylinder liners. Plan on eventually replacing the engine with one that has tophatted liners. This ran me close to $7k for the new engine but I also did the swap myself. The 02 will need headgaskets here soon due to the mileage but be aware that both will be coming up on maintenance issues here soon. With all that being said I still love my 04 but it is only used as a weekend driver since I purchased the Evoque.

Ads