What do you do for a living?

This is a discussion on What do you do for a living? within the Off-Topic forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; We had a thread like this on some other forums. It's interesting to see what kinds of people tend to flock towards a certain type ...

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: What do you do for a living?

Member #

We had a thread like this on some other forums. It's interesting to see what kinds of people tend to flock towards a certain type of car.

I work as an ultrasound tech.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    I am retired and live in the Hilton Head, SC area. Love my Evoque!

Super Moderator
    Member #
    I retired from the USN in Oct 2001 with 20 years service, was an Electrician Chief Petty Officer.

Then went to work for Denso Manufacturing in Athens TN as a Maintenance Team Leader, worked there 5 years, We made all kinds of Car parts.

Now I am a Senior Electronics tech for an Off Shore Drilling Company. I maintaine the PLC's, drilling controls, navigations systems, engine controls and anything else electronic. Currently drilling off the coast of Angola Africa, soon to be headed back to work the Gulf of Mexico.

2012 Dynamic 5 door, Fuji White and Santorini black top, Lunar interior Style 6 sparkle rims, Climate comfort, adaptive dynamic, Sat and HD radio
    2012 Custom Vehicle Operations, FLTRXSE Harley Davidson Roadglide White Gold Pearl and Starfire Black
    2013 Custom Vehicle Operations, FLHRSE5 Harley Davidson Road King an ultra-premium Diamond Dust, Obsidian and Palladium paint scheme, 110th Anniversary Edition.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #

Member #
    I'm a Mechanical Engineer, designing anything for water pumps to end user type controls.

Member #
    I'm a veterinary surgeon. I perform surgeries on a referral basis, performing surgeries that most vets aren't trained to do or don't feel comfortable with, such as fracture repair, reconstructive surgery after major trauma or tumor removal, and neuro surgery.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Member #
    I'm a Private Client Mortgage Banker.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Evocurious View Post
    Wow Dave, you've led quite an interesting career! Cool!
    In agreement. Very cool.

Member #
    Interesting to see all the diverse career fields. Dave how often do you get to actually be home and drive your evoque?

Evocurious that is pretty interesting. Do you work with zoo animals as well or mainly household pets?
    How to reset Warnings on your Evoque (Video)
    12 Evoque Dynamic 5D Fuji White/Onyx
    05 G35
    08 ISF
    09 GTR

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Evocurious View Post
    Wow Dave, you've led quite an interesting career! Cool!
    Thanks. I really loved the Navy, pay was not so good but the job was a blast.

Quote Originally Posted by nf3d0149ab View Post
    In agreement. Very cool.
    I do like the off shore drilling industry.

Quote Originally Posted by infinus View Post
    Interesting to see all the diverse career fields. Dave how often do you get to actually be home and drive your evoque?
    While drilling off the coast of Angola Africa, I work a 28 day rotation, 28 on 28 off. The bad thing is all travel is my time, so it really like 32 gone and 24 home. When I am drilling in the Gulf of Mexico it is a 21 day rotation. Travel is much quicker, so I end up with 20 days off.

Pay is significanly better in Africa, 20% premium over my base due to the travel, poorer quality food, working with the ignorant Angolans and such. Also a huge tax insentive to work here, and tax my company pays to Angola for me to work here, counts as taxes I paid, so my tax on my income is about 1/3 what it is when I work in the US.

That said, I still like working US waters better.

2012 Dynamic 5 door, Fuji White and Santorini black top, Lunar interior Style 6 sparkle rims, Climate comfort, adaptive dynamic, Sat and HD radio
    2012 Custom Vehicle Operations, FLTRXSE Harley Davidson Roadglide White Gold Pearl and Starfire Black
    2013 Custom Vehicle Operations, FLHRSE5 Harley Davidson Road King an ultra-premium Diamond Dust, Obsidian and Palladium paint scheme, 110th Anniversary Edition.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ads