Evoque Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 Evoque and the past week the battery would be too low to crank the engine however when I jumped it the car would run fine and turn on a few more times before dying again. I then bought an AGM battery from costco with the same specs and dimensions as the original (picture included below) and went ahead and replaced the battery. After replacing it I started the car and it started up first try however after that it has never ran again. I have a diagnostics scanner that gives me a battery replacement option so I ran the program and still no luck. In my wandering around the engine bay I found the second battery (EK151) and took it out and tested it and found that it had 0 volts. I tried charging it but no luck seems like a dead battery. Did some research found out that battery is for the eco start which makes sense because eco start hasn't been working for the past year or so. The only fault code the car is giving is U0447 from the PCM which when my diagnostic system gives me more info about tells me the start-stop system is inoperative. I found this techinical bulletin from land rover about the code but it seems to be a software update needed, here's the link:https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2014/MC-10101001-9340.pdf

Has anyone ran into this or has any tips? So far it seems like my two options are replace the EK151 battery and hope it solves the issue or have the car towed to the dealer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I got same problem , how did you fixed?
I have a 2014 Evoque and the past week the battery would be too low to crank the engine however when I jumped it the car would run fine and turn on a few more times before dying again. I then bought an AGM battery from costco with the same specs and dimensions as the original (picture included below) and went ahead and replaced the battery. After replacing it I started the car and it started up first try however after that it has never ran again. I have a diagnostics scanner that gives me a battery replacement option so I ran the program and still no luck. In my wandering around the engine bay I found the second battery (EK151) and took it out and tested it and found that it had 0 volts. I tried charging it but no luck seems like a dead battery. Did some research found out that battery is for the eco start which makes sense because eco start hasn't been working for the past year or so. The only fault code the car is giving is U0447 from the PCM which when my diagnostic system gives me more info about tells me the start-stop system is inoperative. I found this techinical bulletin from land rover about the code but it seems to be a software update needed, here's the link:https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2014/MC-10101001-9340.pdf

Has anyone ran into this or has any tips? So far it seems like my two options are replace the EK151 battery and hope it solves the issue or have the car towed to the dealer. View attachment 4623

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Apparently on the positive battery cable theres a built-in non-replacable fuse and that fuse had blown so we had to replace the battery cable. Its a ford sourced part so you can find the equivalent ford part for around $30 rather than the expensive rr part. My friend has the picture of which cable with the fuse and the part number I'll try getting it tomorrow.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You may have a different problem than me so do a continuity check on all the cables connected to the positive battery terminal. If one of them doesn't have continuity then you likely have the same problem. I believe fuse looks like a small brown rectangle on the battery cable terminal.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Apparently on the positive battery cable theres a built-in non-replacable fuse and that fuse had blown so we had to replace the battery cable. Its a ford sourced part so you can find the equivalent ford part for around $30 rather than the expensive rr part. My friend has the picture of which cable with the fuse and the part number I'll try getting it tomorrow.
Please let me know the name of that cable , if have picture sent to me [email protected] or link of sales . thanks you so much

1 - 5 of 5 Posts