Evoque Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DSC_0303web.jpg DSC_0309web.jpg

The Evoque squatted just a little too low for my standars. Getting in and out was also made more difficult with its stock profile by putting your rearend practically on the ground to slide in to the drivers seat. Is it a sports car or an SUV? A simple, safe, non-comprimising suspension modification allowed us a 2" suspension lift and the ability to easily fit much sportier road hugging 275/45r20 tires. The mod is easily returned to stock if someone sees the need, but i my opinion this slight lift is not too much, not too little... its just right:) mh

·
Registered
326 Posts
From the pictures it is hard to tell it has been lifted 2". How tall are the tires? How much taller are the tires than factory tires on the 20" rims? It would be interesting to see a stock evoque next to the lifted one.

I think a two inch lift would be realy cool on the evoque.

·
Registered
482 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The two inch lift is not a lot, but it is noticable. The stock evoque sits right on the ground with only 1 inch of clearance above the wheels to the fender. As u can see there is now 3 inches there. The tires are not stock size. Stock tire size is 245/45r20 which equals 28.7" tall by 9.6" wide... This evqoue has 275/45r20 which is a 29.7" tall and 11" wide. Yes, to see the differences clearly it would be better to show it side by side with a stock evoque... but I only have one:)

·
Registered
326 Posts
Thank you for the answers to my questions. Now that you point it out I can see more space between the wheel and fender. Is FABTECH who made the 2" lift? Do you work for FABTECH?

That is pretty quick to be out with a 2" lift. How does it effect the way the Evoque handles on road curves?

I think it really would be great to see stock and it together and do understand you have only one.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Very Nice, as you say, not to much, not to little!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Is this a lift kit (make?) , or did you engineerd it yourself?
No fender hitting at full articulation?
Anyhow realy goodlooking!!!:cool:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Any details?

On what was involved? Is there a kit or parts list? Did you go with taller springs? Or spring spacers? Did it require new, longer shocks?Looks great and I would really like to copy you.Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I see that this thread died almost a year ago when the OP disappeared. Do you guys think this was a great photoshop job, or was this Evoque really lifted?

·
Registered
518 Posts
What's the ground clearance now? Have you taken it off-road? Have you noticed any difference in handling on road? Is your speedometer off?

The name says Fabtech, which is a real company!

·
Registered
518 Posts
I sent a letter to Fabtech to try to get an update to this post. I will post here if I get a response. See below:

Good afternoon,

In 2012 Fabtech posted a lifted Range Rover Evoque. http://www.evoqueforums.net/forum/e...-w-275-45r20-not-too-much-not-too-little.html

Perhaps your post was a bit early for the Evoque release, but if you check, there are a couple of pages of interest since then. Is the equipment used to lift the Evoque still available? Perhaps you could give an update at Evoqueforums.net as to the availability or lack of interest by the consumer, etc. Inquiring minds want to know!

Thanks,

·
Registered
518 Posts
Straight from Fabtech:

Sent: Friday, March 21, 2014 3:42 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: Fabtech post on Evoque forums.net

Hello,
Fabtech has never offered a kit for this model vehicle, I have no idea what this link is all about?
Thank you

Armen Mosikian
Tech Manager

Fabtech Motorsports
4331 Eucalyptus Ave
Chino, Ca. 91710
909-597-7800
Fax 909-597-7185
877-432-2832
www.fabtechmotorsports.com
[HR][/HR]​

1 - 20 of 22 Posts