Evoque Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new Evoque 2012 owner. 2.0 si4 engine. I have neither Passport to Service nor previous maintenence history. I was trying to find precise data about this engine, but I'm sill not sure if it has a timing belt or chain. Reading other forums resulted in maintenance schedules stating, that so called accesory drive belt should be replaced after 144 miles. Can someone please tell me if this is true about my engine? And if not, when timing device should be serviced in this 2.0 gas engine?

·
Super Moderator
583 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

The 2.0 si4 engine has a timing chain, there is no mention in the Passport to Service about replacing the timing chain. The Passport to Service says to replace the accessory drive belt every 9 years or 120,000 miles.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you very much for the answer. Now all is clear. Rsquared, I have another question and I don’t want to create next topic, so maybe will post it here- maybe you know if the roof rails are the same for 3D coupe version, which I actually have and for regular 5D? Nobody in my area, even including dealer, knows the answer. I have sunroof.

·
Super Moderator
583 Posts
Sorry I don't know the answer about the roof rails. You have good taste, as I also have the 3D coupe.

I wasn't sure how it would turn out, but I scanned my MY13 Passport to Service maintenance page, and it is posted below.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts