Evoque Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 Evoque and the engine was done for. I did some research on the forum and decide to go in with a ford engine. I purchased an engine from a 2013 Ford Edge 2.0 and verified with my mechanic it would work prior to purchasing. We discussed what parts would need to be swapped between the 2 engines and he agreed to do the job no problem. He pulled the evoque engine then when he went to put the new engine in he realized the down pipes are differnet, which we had already discussed. He is now saying that hes not sure what to do and ive already paid a $600 deposit. Could someone please explain exactly what needs to be done to have the engine fitted and running properly? I'll attach pictures of the rover engine and the edge eninge soon! Thanks!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
You have to cut the Ford down pipe and weld the RR pipe to the Ford pipe. They have different joints near the cat I believe. Look on YouTube as some dude was doing the same thing and had same issue. Engine block is the same and so is the head. So in concept you can make a few mods and make it work. However, it sounds like the mechanic you sent it to is a simple wrench turner (no disrespect, but just is what it is) and not a true engine builder. It’s a custom job not a bolt on replacement. As for telling you exactly what to do, that’s impossible on a forum.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts