Evoque Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Evoque wouldn't start without a jump. Let it run for 30 minutes and tried starting the following day with the same issue so I jumped it again. Went to O'Reilly's and they tested the battery and alternator and said it was good. Started back up after testing and ran it for another 30 minutes. Tried starting again after being off for 30 minutes and it started slowly then nothing. Tried again 5 minutes after and it started.

Looked up on YouTube and the following solutions popped up but I wanted to check here to figure out what to rule out based on what happened and what to spend time trying to test. Appreciate any advice, thanks!

1. “Relay replacement fixed it”
2. “The lead to the positive terminal snapped and had to be sauntered back together”
3. “The problem was a positive started wire snapped, therefore no power to the starter. Use a multimeter and check for the continuity”

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hello,

Evoque wouldn't start without a jump. Let it run for 30 minutes and tried starting the following day with the same issue so I jumped it again. Went to O'Reilly's and they tested the battery and alternator and said it was good. Started back up after testing and ran it for another 30 minutes. Tried starting again after being off for 30 minutes and it started slowly then nothing. Tried again 5 minutes after and it started.

Looked up on YouTube and the following solutions popped up but I wanted to check here to figure out what to rule out based on what happened and what to spend time trying to test. Appreciate any advice, thanks!

1. “Relay replacement fixed it”
2. “The lead to the positive terminal snapped and had to be sauntered back together”
3. “The problem was a positive started wire snapped, therefore no power to the starter. Use a multimeter and check for the continuity”
Should have added, these are what came up for OBD codes:
Font Screenshot Multimedia Number Slope

1 - 2 of 2 Posts