·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
new to the EVOQUE family
recently bought a 2012 i4 turbo coupe

fell in love with it!
Three months in, no issues 😌...

driving home from work I decided to fill her up with fuel then head home. She had a 1/4 tank so I filled it up!
Arived in my home area and stoped to grab a puppy toy for the dogs we have at home.

got in and started the car, drove out of the parking lot and that’s when she died?
I turned to get off the service road and see what happened 🧐

it starts normally and then promptly dies , over and over, start die start die…

After 20 min or so it ran for about 15 seconds then died! It’s not smooth, kinda like it’s choking for gas??

keep in mind this car has not indicated any issues at all. No lights, no early rough running nothing?
any ideas EVOQUE owners???

·
Super Moderator
583 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear of your issue. My "guess" would be it is starving for fuel. Could be something as simple as a dirty fuel filter, or more serious, a fuel pump. First thing, is to see if you can get a code reader connected to see if there are any diagnostic codes stored.

Let us know how you make out, good luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi and thanks for the welcome 😁

I let it set all night and all day, it reacted the same way as yesterday. But... I kept starting it and now it’s starting and taking fuel in moderation and chocki out!!

I will try the fuel filter as you suggested!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
good day everyone!
well...... I went out this morning to check to see if i could locate the fuel filter on this 2.0T beauty...

Looking around under the engen cover i noticed a vacuum sensor unplugged???? It has a lock on it, yet it was not snapped in???

I repaired that with a simple press and click of the lock🙂

feeling i may have resolved the issue I quickly jumped in and pressed the start button!
Nothing ... it was stone cold dead!
I just replaced this battery less than 2 months ago! Yet there was not even a trickle of power in it?
I had this problem after I bought it and thats when i replaced the first battery.
Im not getting an alternator light or any warnings at all??? Is this a potential electrical issue? Or is this a programing issue? I have been reading a lot of ideas on hear and im slightly spooked that this beautiful car is plagued with electrically challenging problems 😟

seeking advice and guidance!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts