Evoque Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Range Rover Evoque (2-door)
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 Range Rover Evoque (2-door) with a check engine light indicating an engine timing problem. Camshaft sensors were replaced by a local repair shop and next diagnosis is to replace the engine timing chain. The car has 116K miles.

I understand this is a big job and I'm trying to determine if it's worth fixing (vs buying a new car). If repair is an option, a recommendation for an experienced mechanic within a 4-5 hour drive of the Metro-NY area would be appreciated.

Sal.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I have a 2012 Range Rover Evoque (2-door) with a check engine light indicating an engine timing problem. Camshaft sensors were replaced by a local repair shop and next diagnosis is to replace the engine timing chain. The car has 116K miles.

I understand this is a big job and I'm trying to determine if it's worth fixing (vs buying a new car). If repair is an option, a recommendation for an experienced mechanic within a 4-5 hour drive of the Metro-NY area would be appreciated.

Sal.
I don't live anywhere near you so I have no input regarding a mechanic in your area, but I was wondering if you replaced the timing chain and if that fixed your issue?

·
Registered
2012 Range Rover Evoque (2-door)
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello Lemmy999,

Yes, I am doing the repair. The car is in the shop now and should be done this week. I'll post an update on the results in the next week or two.

Sal.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts