Evoque Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, on the way to work this morning my car just died.

I have had zero issues with this car up until this morning.

I was on the highway, thankfully REALLY early, and was just cruising along when it suddenly gave a violent lurch... and then crapped out. ALL dash lights came on, but I didn't get any 'message' from the car.

Luckily I had enough forward momentum going, and there were no other cars next to me, that I was able to get it pulled over onto the shoulder. I shut everything off, turned the car all the way off, waited about 10 seconds and it started back up. I said a little prayer and continued on my course.

I contacted service and they advised me to have it towed in by LR Roadside Assist, so I did that. I now have a loaner (LR 2 hahaha :p) and will just have to wait until service calls me tomorrow.

*heavysigh*

I will report back once I know more details.

Later!

Lis

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's not that old ;)

The only news I have for today is that the codes that were stored showed COMMUNICATION FAILURES in FOUR MODULES.

They are keeping the car and will contact LR on Monday.

·
Registered
90 Posts
OK keep us posted. How many miles do you have yours and what model? I just took delivery of my Coupe Pure Premium at the beginning of the month and I'm monitoring these forums for any issues. Your issue does seem to be a common one, although I can't tell how widespread. Anyway, I hope they sort things out for you and provide decent service.

BTW, love the guitar-playing monkey, hah!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
2012 Pure+ Coupe with 5800 miles on it.

I stole the monkey from someone on the internet somewhere :cool:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Didn't have any contact with service yesterday, but on Monday afternoon they had been checking things like battery, cables, fuses, grounds, etc., and could not find any problems. Hopefully they will have some info today. *shrugs*

·
Registered
90 Posts
Wow, you're going on 2 weeks tomorrow. That's a long time and not very confidence inspiring. I'd suggest the dealer call in an expert from corporate and check your lemon laws in your state.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well, they let me pick it up on Friday night. If anything happens I'm supposed to bring it right back in to the shop. As of now, no one has any clue as to what might have happened :(

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also have an Evoque that died at 3000 miles and has been in the shop with the mechanics calling the manufacturer for advice on the computer system. It has been a week and the problem still has not been resolved. Already started researching lemon law. The tow driver told me that he had been called three times in the space of a month to recharge an Evoque's battery.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I've noticed if you accidentally leave either of the map lights on they do not automatically turn off after shutting off the car. Recall these lights are touch sensitive switches easily contacted when adjusting your rearview mirror and might be one of the causes of battery drain. This could easily be corrected via a software fix and is definitely a design oversight, in my opinion.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
UK contacted my dealer and they want to do a re-flash for the Body Control Module.

That's why I don't buy first-year models.I'll buy a CPO Evoque in 3 years for 1/2 the price. Cheers,Wolfy
Whatever works for you, dude.

·
Registered
482 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm now up-to-date on all of my software/flashes... hopefully I won't have to take her back in until the first service is due*.

*if anything happens with the Evoque we have PRIORITY with the dealer and have the tech's cell# :cool:

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'm 8 days in now and loving it more than I can say. Weird thing happened, CD drive locked up after loading one of my favorite playlist CDs. Won't accept or load any CDs at all now. The dealer ordered me a new system, rather than trying to get the drive to work. Two weeks max, should be here and installed. No big deal to me, as I have simply filled up a thumb drive with my playlists and have it in the USB port. The sound quality is noticeably better than via bluetooth streaming. I'm a total satellite radio fan, and it turns out the dealership includes 3 months free. Nice little surprize there, as my sales gal wasn't sure about it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I also have an Evoque that died at 3000 miles and has been in the shop with the mechanics calling the manufacturer for advice on the computer system. It has been a week and the problem still has not been resolved. Already started researching lemon law. The tow driver told me that he had been called three times in the space of a month to recharge an Evoque's battery.
we have the same situation, but mine seem to have car starter problem symptoms aside from those. Been researching for solutions before I go to my dealer, hope I could search for diy repairs.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts