Evoque Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
3 months after ordering our $62K Evoque Dynamic it finally arrived and we picked it up today. The dealership is less than a mile from the highway and as I started down the on-ramp the car would not accelerate beyond 25mph. I had to drive 2 miles in the emergency lane with trucks speeding buy us, limping the car back to the dealership. Obviously no one had test driven the car before we drove it off the lot ...although the car had 17 miles on it. Hmm Perhaps 17 miles creeping along at less than 25mph? I dropped the keys off and told the dealer to tear up my check and paperwork ..... Beyond disappointing !!! I really don't care what they say the problem is, if a manufacturer and dealer will let you take possession of a vehicle that is faulty and dangerous I can't bring myself to hoping things will be better in the future. Unfortunately I'm off to the BMW dealer on Monday!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Was there an engine or restricted performance indication on the dash? Did this happen on your test drive before accepting the car? Sorry to hear about that and I'm very curious what could cause that and if it is a simple dealer preparation item they missed on the checklist.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Was there an engine or restricted performance indication on the dash? Did this happen on your test drive before accepting the car? Sorry to hear about that and I'm very curious what could cause that and if it is a simple dealer preparation item they missed on the checklist.
There was NO engine light or restricted performance light on the dash. We did not drive the car before accepting it, the dealer assured me that everything was checked out with the prep. After looking through the forum here It seems this is a problem that is know to LR when driving in wet conditions, and it was snowing today here in Utah today.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Some idiot didn't take the car out of Transport Mode before delivering it to you. There is a speed limiter that prevents the car going over 25mph when it is in Transport Mode. The car probably was never put through Pre Delivery Inspection. Seen it before, unfortunately. Sales people are in too big a hurry to get you in the car to do it right sometimes.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Some idiot didn't take the car out of Transport Mode before delivering it to you. There is a speed limiter that prevents the car going over 25mph when it is in Transport Mode. The car probably was never put through Pre Delivery Inspection. Seen it before, unfortunately. Sales people are in too big a hurry to get you in the car to do it right sometimes.
I was actually thinking it could be something like that, then I stayed up late reading all of the posts about the malfunctioning perhaps caused by condensation in the inter cooler. If the dealer says it was just the transport mode setting would you still buy the car given all of the issues on here about the car dropping into safe mode due to inter-cooler condensation or something else ... When they still don't have a fix yet?

·
Registered
13 Posts
PCDan : Sorry to hear that, I would say that I am a bit concerned , I too just got my 2013 Dynamic Evoque from Utah a week ago today! So far knock on wood, everything is fine. I have been in snow, rain & negative temperatures & have had no problems. The car isn't even kept garaged. Already put about 1000 miles on it. I will keep you all posted.

·
Registered
87 Posts
If the dealer says it was just the transport mode setting would you still buy the car given all of the issues on here about the car dropping into safe mode due to inter-cooler condensation or something else ... When they still don't have a fix yet?
Sure, but I would ask for a better price first for your trouble. If it makes you feel any better, many of us including me have had no problems with this car. On the other hand my brand new Porsche (German reliability) has already been flat bedded back to the dealer.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The car was still in "transport mode" as Wrenchbender figured. Having the car delivered.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Let us know how you like it.
So far it's been great. Peppy performance and handles really well. It gets a lot of looks for sure. Ours is a Fuji white Dynamic , black roof, black headliner, style 7 wheels. The one bummer is that after writing a check for 62K I have to go spend $1300 on tires that will actually work in the winter. I wish it had come with all season tires and not high performance summer tires ... I mean this is Utah.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Yes the stock tires are questionable for snow. I have the 19" Contis which are M/S rated but have poor traction on slick roads. I like them everywhere else so I haven't replaced them yet.

·
Registered
4 Posts
safe mode fail

Hello! I have a 2013 Evoque. Over the past several months, while driving in light rain and cornering under a heavy pedal, the vehicle would go into safe mode. This finally happened for the last time 6 weeks ago, as it would not come out of safe mode. The dealer told us this is a problem and the fix is a new fuel pump, as the high speed side of the pump is failing. Well, we got our baby back today and found it to be detuned substantially. No one is claiming this has happened. When hitting the skinny pedal at 55, it drags its way to 70, and then drags even slower past 70 mph. Not the spunky and snappy way it felt before. In fact, no real turbo "set you back in the seat" feeling at all. I suspect there is a large problem with the fuel pump because it took 6 weeks to get one. The reason, there are none available in the world!! They only have enough to fill the production orders. That is what we were told. So, if anyone out there can dig up more info, PLEASE, let me know and everyone else too. I would have never bought this vehicle if it drove like this during its test drive. Just feels like a regular high revving 4 cylinder. NOT IMPRESSED at all! I am looking to get rid of this now.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Just curious who your dealer is. What you are describing sounds like water accumulating in the intercooler, a problem that has been discussed in great detail on this forum. There have been a few Evoques with fuel pump failures, but usually the car completely dies and needs to be towed in. There have also been some issues getting the correct fuel pump, as there are two versions. Sounds like something happened when your dealer had their diagnostic system hooked up to your car, perhaps the wrong software was installed in the PCM. When the Evoque is running the way it is supposed to, it will easily pass 100mph with only 2/3 throttle. If it is really running as bad as you say, the MIL should be on by now. Take it in and have the service advisor or shop foreman go on a road test with you so they understand what exactly your car is doing.

·
Registered
10 Posts
So has there been any TSB or anything regarding the rain and safe mode? The number of issues people are reporting is concerning. I mean we are only a couple months away from the 3rd model year. I can see this on an early build 2012 model year as is a new vehicle design.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yup, she is getting picked up today for evaluation once again. Yes, the vehicle failed completely on the side of the road. It had to be towed into the garage. I bought it from a dealer in Bedford NH. They are trying their best I think, just never had this issue there and thay are learning as they go with mine. Very sluggish to get up to even 70 mph. Can just get there in a 1/4 mile. Not too happy about this any longer.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts