Evoque Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

My 2013 Range Rover Evoque has only 35,000kms, car is fully up to date with services etc.
Often my engine stutters and jerks really aggressivley under acceleration, losing all power even with my foot flat to the floor (has also happened during cruise control on highway). Has anyone else had this issue or know what is causing this?

The car also stalls when putting into reverse after a cold start.

Thanks,

·
Registered
18 Posts
Check the low pressure fuel sensor. Your car is low mileage so it's surprising that you have issues. It should come up on the computer when your mechanic checks the car. I had to replace it and the fuel pump, etc etc. at 124000 miles.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all,

My 2013 Range Rover Evoque has only 35,000kms, car is fully up to date with services etc.
Often my engine stutters and jerks really aggressivley under acceleration, losing all power even with my foot flat to the floor (has also happened during cruise control on highway). Has anyone else had this issue or know what is causing this?

The car also stalls when putting into reverse after a cold start.

Thanks,
Hi, I’ve the auto 9 speed diesel in AUS. I noticed the Evoque is sensitive to different brands of diesel, and BP diesel is the best in AUS. Use nulon extreme diesel fuel system cleaner when you next fuel up. It might do the trick.

·
Registered
7 Posts
It's Cheap Diesel no good. We've had the same problem, my wife has a 2013 Evoque Diesel.We are in Tassie, identical symptoms to yours, I kept spraying the Mass Air Sensor with the special Mass air sensor spray & cleaning the air filter & intake hose, which helped, but as soon as we changed petrol stations from the cheapest place the fault stopped so obviously you only get what you pay for it's cheap for a reason, only good for trucks & old utes.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Appleseedmick,
I work for a construction company in VIC. All the fleet Hilux had problems with supermarket affiliated diesel fuels and was found that BP diesel experience the least problems.
The Evoque Diesel engine is very sensitive if there is a bit of water. Never fuel up on a rainy day or after rainy days.

·
Registered
42 Posts
“The Evoque Diesel engine is very sensitive if there is a bit of water. Never fuel up on a rainy day or after rainy days.”

That could prove to be a problem here in the UK 🤔☔

1 - 6 of 6 Posts