Evoque Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a 2013 Evoque. I was driving the car last week and all the sudden at 65mph I got some crazy hard bucking. I was able to get off the highway and nurse it back home. Ran fine as long as I didn't get on it too hard. Ideled fine. I knew it I had to replace the timing chain and cam gears, so I did. I timed everything carefully.

Ok so, it will start, but wont go over 3k RPM, it's hard starting. So it seems that I fixed the timing chain/cam gear issues but not the issue I had when I was on the highway. It does seem to be a fuel issue. When it's hard starting I can use carb cleaner and it fires up much better. I don't just want to start replacing parts, fuel pumps and stuff. Does anyone have any ideas at all?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Had the same issue about a year ago with a 2012 dynamic 2.0L turbo. Same behavior on the end of a long road trip. 8+ hours into driving, terrible bucking. High pressure fuel pump needed to be replaced. After it was done, it ran fine. Now a small separate issue developed later. A rough idle after startup. Popping not backfire loud but noticeable extra burbling. Turned out the plastic intake leading to the turbo was a bit warped & allowing extra air that had not gone through the mass air flow sensor to go into the turbo & engine. This of course throws of the air/fuel ratio & the sensors can't account for it because there is no sensor that tells the ecu the tube was bent. This second issue is one I hope isn't common but if it sounds familiar there you are.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Had the same issue about a year ago with a 2012 dynamic 2.0L turbo. Same behavior on the end of a long road trip. 8+ hours into driving, terrible bucking. High pressure fuel pump needed to be replaced. After it was done, it ran fine. Now a small separate issue developed later. A rough idle after startup. Popping not backfire loud but noticeable extra burbling. Turned out the plastic intake leading to the turbo was a bit warped & allowing extra air that had not gone through the mass air flow sensor to go into the turbo & engine. This of course throws of the air/fuel ratio & the sensors can't account for it because there is no sensor that tells the ecu the tube was bent. This second issue is one I hope isn't common but if it sounds familiar there you are.
Thank you so much. I was really relieved to read your post. Lucky I already ordered one. Should have it this week. Time will tell. I mean I thinking maybe I screwed up the timing when I replaced the timing chain, so I pulled it all apart and double checked it. It was good lol. Damn lol. Will keep everyone updated, thanks again.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Do you have any idea what made that plastic tube/hose warp?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi, I have a 2013 Evoque. I was driving the car last week and all the sudden at 65mph I got some crazy hard bucking. I was able to get off the highway and nurse it back home. Ran fine as long as I didn't get on it too hard. Ideled fine. I knew it I had to replace the timing chain and cam gears, so I did. I timed everything carefully.

Ok so, it will start, but wont go over 3k RPM, it's hard starting. So it seems that I fixed the timing chain/cam gear issues but not the issue I had when I was on the highway. It does seem to be a fuel issue. When it's hard starting I can use carb cleaner and it fires up much better. I don't just want to start replacing parts, fuel pumps and stuff. Does anyone have any ideas at all?
Does your ck engine light come on? Could be the low pressure fuel pump not sending enough fuel to the hi-pressure pump.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have 2014 Evoque, had a similar problem and replaced the fuel pump. The indicator light is gone but the car gives out a whining sound when the gears shift from 2 to 3 or 3 to 4. Sounds like a F1 car but once the gear shifts, I hear no other sound. Not sure if any one has this problem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The only thing that could have caused it is heat though not too much heat should be near the cool side of the turbo. It took a long time because the Evoque was was about 5yrs old & at well over 120K miles when It happened. With luck maybe it'll last another 100K.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts